Browser navigation, home page

melodic777

Reaction score
I'm wondering why when I restart my browser, it ends up starting where I last closed it. I set my home page to what I wanted, and now I wonder why each time my browser starts, it doesn't start with my pre-designated home page like any computer would. Also, is there a home button that I just don't notice. I can't figure out how to get "home" in my browser, without hitting bookmark, and manually finding it, and I'm retentive about something like this.
Thanks.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I think with this software the browser doesn't "close," when you exit. It's still running in the background. I don't think it closes until the OS shuts it down to free up memory, or you use a task manager to end it. That's probably why it stays put.

Stigy

Reaction score
If you continually hit back instead of click home, the next time you launch the Browser you will get your home screen.

The back button needs to be hit a number of times for it to return to the home screen, but you get there.

Droider

Reaction score
thatguychuck is right, just because you leave the browser window doesn't mean that it actually closed. It's more like having it minimized in Windows.

You could open the browser, press the menu button, and then press New Window and that will open a new window starting at your home page.

You could also set a bookmark for your homepage and then put that bookmark on your home screen as a shortcut instead of (or in addition to) the normal "browser" shortcut. Using your home screen bookmark shortcut would guarantee that it always opens to your home page.

MajorTrank

Reaction score
If you go to home screen, hit MENU, choose WINDOWS, that will show you the browsers that are open and then you can then close background browsers. I found this after the Droid told me I had reached my limit of open browser windows.

levelm

Reaction score
This is so stupid. You should be able to get to your home page much easier. Otherwise why even have a home page. Not being able to close apps on this phone without a task killer is the most unsmart phone thing I've ever seen. Probably only thing I dislike about this phone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try another browser. IIRC, xScope has a home button.

Not being able to close apps on this phone without a task killer is the most unsmart phone thing I've ever seen. Probably only thing I dislike about this phone.
Why do you think there's a need for it? If your apps are behaving properly Android will manage memory properly.