Broken charge port

Rasper912

Reaction score
Hey, I just got a DROID from a friend of mine but the charge port is broken. Where can I get it fixed an about how much will I cost? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

_JDW_

Reaction score
Can this be fixed without turning in on warranty? I don't want a refurbished phone and I don't want to unroot.

Boot it and Root it! Drinking Miller Lite !
Boot -

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can this be fixed without turning in on warranty? I don't want a refurbished phone and I don't want to unroot.

Boot it and Root it! Drinking Miller Lite !
Boot -

This happened to one of my D1's. The port on the phone ended up roundish shaped and the cord didn't sit and charge right. Without saying what is broke it is hard to say if it can be fixed, but I'd say it probably can't be fixed. As far as the refurb you can ask them if that is what you will be issued. I'm on my 3rd D1. If they mess up they just get brought back to the store where they have given me a replacement each time.

Sethman29

Reaction score
Dude the charge port on this phone is so cheap mine broke too. They replaced it with redurb... I was furious because my was in pristine cond. But to my surprise, the new one was also. They did it all for free.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

_JDW_

Reaction score
Since its more of hardware issue, do I have to unroot?

Boot it and Root it! Drinking Miller Lite-ning!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be safe I would say yes. In reality....I think a bunch of phones come into the busted_phones_division where a bunch of people just drove through rush hour traffic to start their day. They sort the phones to figure out what to do with them, they probably flash a fresh OS onto every phone that is salvageable and don't have time to see who installed what apps on their phones and toss other phones into some bin for recycling parts. It may not even be a manual process. The phones might get sorted by type, roll onto conveyor belts and some assembly line automatically jacks them in, tests them etc. Of course if it is automatically tested it could spit out rooted phones into a pile. I'd like to hear from anyone who got busted for a rooted phone though. I'd think that would be the kind of news we'd see on multiple forums.

Your call. You followed instructions to root. My D1 I've brought back to stock each time it was returned, and a few times it was not to test processes. If the TB has unroot methods it shouldn't be too hard.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Dude the charge port on this phone is so cheap mine broke too. They replaced it with redurb... I was furious because my was in pristine cond. But to my surprise, the new one was also. They did it all for free.

It's not in pristine condition if the charge port is broken.

crapple_h8er

Reaction score

:icon_rolleyes:

_JDW_

Reaction score
All right. This sucks. I finally got this phone how I wanted it and now I gotta jump through warranty hoops for this cap.

Boot it and Root it! Drinking Miller Lite-ning!

Sethman29

Reaction score

Aww what makes you say that smartass. Because its my fault the charge port was cheaply made

jai.koch44

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Thunderbolt, need to replace the mini usb charging port. Found the the charging port for $7.99 so I'm really wanting to do this myself. Cannot find a youtube video of anything other than replacing the screen/lcd/digitizer, but nothing on the port. Any direction will be greatly appreciated. Just looking for a video so I can put the work in properly.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You could make a nandroid backup, unroot, root the refurb, and restore the backup