Bringing the iPhone and Droid together?

rodolo

Reaction score

DaHarder

Reaction score
I moved to the DROID/Verizon to rid myself of Apple's tyrannical iPhone/Ecosystem.

Even if Verizon does get a version of the iPhone, I'll be sticking with my DROID/Andriod platform, it's simply a far superior user experience for me.

Thank You Very Much.

intense

Reaction score
I moved to the DROID/Verizon to rid myself of Apple's tyrannical iPhone/Ecosystem.

Even if Verizon does get a version of the iPhone, I'll be sticking with my DROID/Andriod platform, it's simply a far superior user experience for me.

Thank You Very Much.

As a current iPhone user, I agree with you. I'm not too familiar with the latest discussion on the iPhone coming to Verizon, but even if it did, it would still be 100% locked down like it is now, with the customization capabilities lacking. Unless you jailbreak the iPhone, there's not much you can do with it. And I really don't see Apple giving up this control.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
lol Apple won't give up control over it's products. They've been doing it ever since they came out. Apple isn't going to give up control over the next iPhone or any other hardware they release for that matter. People don't want the limits and it shows because I'm willing to bet that over 3/4 of the iPhones in the world, or at the US, are jailbroken.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Thank You Very Much.

How about checking out the justify right button....Or is centered a superior experience for you? It breaks the reading rhythm...

boatman2220

Reaction score
A few more updates on the Droid and next generation of Android phones, by then who'll care if the IPhone is there or not? Don't ever believe Apple will loosen up on control. If the "Jailbreak " exploit hadn't been discovered, the IPhone wouldn't be where it's at now.

jsprings

Reaction score
Mayhaps you meant 'justify left'? Right wouldn't be any better that 'center'.

LordKastle

Reaction score
The only negative of Apple's handling on the phone is that they lock down their apps services. Anything else can only be seen as "keeping it in house."

If anything what they are doing will benefit cell phone carriers and companies in the future. I do not own an iPhone and do not support some of Apple's techniques behind their actions right now. But I do know that many cell phone companies and carriers would be betrayed if Apple licensed out their OS only to promote their own phone as the superior device. Google is on the verge of daggering the same companies that support their OS.

Android has potential but if Google releases any more "Google Phones", do not be surprised to see some of the companies that support the OS turn their back on it and wait for a company like Microsoft to put the money behind the Mobile OS industry to compete with Apple. (As much as Google has pushed the Android OS, we have seen they can't stand on their own. They need support from the carriers and companies. T-Mobile was a failure for them and they no doubt need the support from Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. Google should be thanking the ground Verizon walks on for promoting the Droid in a 100 million dollar marketing campaign. Without it people would still think the Android means G-1 and T-Mobile.)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my Droid, but I've got a Mac and I'm getting an Airport Express today which is going to allow me to play my iTunes on my Stereo. If I had an iPhone I could control that like a tuning selector and wouldn't have to walk to my computer.

OK, I can use the exercise.:)

I'll stay with my Droid. Anyway if I ever get an iPod I could do the same thing.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I love my Droid, but I've got a Mac and I'm getting an Airport Express today which is going to allow me to play my iTunes on my Stereo. If I had an iPhone I could control that like a tuning selector and wouldn't have to walk to my computer.

OK, I can use the exercise.:)

I'll stay with my Droid. Anyway if I ever get an iPod I could do the same thing.

I may be mistaken, but I believe I read on this forum that there's a apparently in the market that will do what you want. I don't remember the name. But I thought it interesting that you could use the Droid as a remote control.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Good point Boris. I have made various purchases just within the last 18 months involving Apple (laptop), WinMobile, and now Android.

Becoming a sheep grazing in a pasture is never a good thing.

joshua117

Reaction score
well let it come to verizon. i personally will not switch, i have just never been a fan of the iphone or apples need to control every aspect of their products.