Bricked XT910 need help..

karni1

Reaction score
So i tried to root and put a rom on my xt910 RAZR,
I factory reset, wiped data cache and dalvik and i rebooted the device.
It gets stuck on the "motorola" screen, the orange circle.
doesn't get past that.
once its stuck on it im trying to hold down power+vol down and it just resets to the same thing..
what can i do, any attempts in getting to recovery failed..
Also plugging it to computer through USB brings nothing up, computer doesn't acknowlge it..
P.S
i have a back up done on my CWM recovery, if i could just get there..

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So i tried to root and put a rom on my xt910 RAZR,
I factory reset, wiped data cache and dalvik and i rebooted the device.
It gets stuck on the "motorola" screen, the orange circle.
doesn't get past that.
once its stuck on it im trying to hold down power+vol down and it just resets to the same thing..
what can i do, any attempts in getting to recovery failed..

P.S
i have a back up done on my CWM recovery, if i could just get there..
the XT910 is a GSM version and I'm not familiar with that version and any difference there maybe in getting into the bootloader/fastboot or recovery. However, if CDMA and GSM versions of the Razr are the same in terms of recovery etc then I would hold the volume up and volume down buttons WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE POWER BUTTON (you didn't mention the power button in your thread above). Hopefully that you to a black screen with white lettering where you can select recover.

OP
K

karni1

Reaction score
Finally it worked, now im in the black screen with white lettering.
What do i press, what am i supposed to do..?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Finally it worked, now im in the black screen with white lettering.
What do i press, what am i supposed to do..?
If you have a custom recovery hold down the volume up and down button and it should boot into recovery. Once in recovery clear cache and data....then reboot. If you still get in a bootloop then power down the phone, repeat the steps to get back to recovery and flash your backup from sdcard...the one you made. Also clear delvik cache.

Last edited:
OP
K

karni1

Reaction score
from there, i coudn't do anything to restore the backup.
i went from factory recovery to the little android guy with blue letters recovery, from there i could only factory reset, and that didn't help me since i have a custom ROM that is causing the boot problem..

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
from there, i coudn't do anything to restore the backup.
i went from factory recovery to the little android guy with blue letters recovery, from there i could only factory reset, and that didn't help me since i have a custom ROM that is causing the boot problem..
When you get the "android guy" with blue letters that is when you press volume up and volume down (if i remember correctly, its been awhile). That should take you into your custom recovery (CWM). Your problem could very well be solved if you can wipe cache/data and delvik cache. After doing that you can flash your backup. One option that you can choose if you are unsuccessful flashing your backup is to power off your phone, press volume up and down plus power, select AP Fastboot and using the Razr Utiliy 1.81 or 1.82 (found in the "sticky" above) you can return your phone back to stock .211. From there you flash .215 from sdcard, flash a ROM etc. The important thing is that you can get your phone back to stock...and that maybe a good place to start over from.

OP
K

karni1

Reaction score
From the custom recovery i can only reboot/wipe data/wipe cache/apply update from SDCard
Those are the only options
Plus i cant plug it into the computer to get files in, and i also cant open the phone to download files..
so that solution aint working, any other thoughts?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
From the custom recovery i can only reboot/wipe data/wipe cache/apply update from SDCard
Those are the only options
Plus i cant plug it into the computer to get files in, and i also cant open the phone to download files..
so that solution aint working, any other thoughts?
Have you wiped cache/data and tried to flash your backup from sd card? Also, I don't understand why you can't hook you phone up to your PC. Have you downloaded and installed the Motorola drivers. You can do that from the Motorola site or the RazrUtility I mentioned above has the drivers as part of the utility. You have to have the drivers installed in order for your computer to recognize your phone and vice versa.