Bricked Phone after installing Liberty

spartan948265

Reaction score
OK so I installed this Liberty ROM update from 1.0 to 1.5 and the tool box kept force closing whenever I tried to open it after successfully installing the rom. So I deleted the file off of my computer and re downloaded it and put it on the sdcard and tried to reinstall, same issue now I am back in recovery and I tried to tell it to reinstall again and now I get this error "bad file installation aborted". I exited recovery mode and now all I get it a android guy with a rose inside. I tried to do a full SBF backup and now my pc wont even see my phone and my phone wont recognize the computer. F.M.L. I now have a useless phone. I can manually access my recovery mode but even after clearing the cache and data I even tried using a different rom (YES i rename the zip files to update.) and it keep getting:
E: Signature verification failed
Installation Aborted.

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
if you can get to the logo you should be able to SBF you are running rsd as amin correct? 4.8 does automatically (but just to make sure)

thebird36

Reaction score
i had the same problem u must have downloaded the bad mirror i just sbf'd and redownloaded a different 1 and it works fine its a bad mirror
my rsdlite didnt have the phone on it but it just said connected, if you can get that far your fine

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
if you can get to the logo you should be able to SBF you are running rsd as amin correct? 4.8 does automatically (but just to make sure)

I tried running it as administrator and when I plug the phone in and hit "Show Device" nothing happens. it just stays the boot screen.

thebird36

Reaction score
you dont have to hit show phone i never do just hit ... and select the sbf file and run it if it says connected on the bottom my phone never showed when i sbf'd it

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
you dont have to hit show phone i never do just hit ... and select the sbf file and run it if it says connected on the bottom my phone never showed when i sbf'd it

It still doesnt work. I upgraded from 4.6 of RSD to 4.9 and it still doesnt show the phone.

thebird36

Reaction score
Did you put it into bootloader when you connected your phone to the computer via usb? And make sure your battery is above 60%

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
Did you put it into bootloader when you connected your phone to the computer via usb? And make sure your battery is above 60%

The only mode I can access is the blue fonted recovery mode. RSD doesnt pick the phone up in that mode either..
The only choices for this one are:

Reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partiton

Last edited:

thebird36

Reaction score
No turn your phone off open up the keyboard hold the up arrow and turn on your phone keep holding the up arrow till u get a black screen that says bootloader then numbers (just the version) and it'll say battery ok then plug in ur usb to the phone open up rsdlite with adminstrator then wait until it says connected then hit ... and select the sbf file then hit start and wait till it reboots your phone

swagmonster

Reaction score
If you cant do that then mount usb put the new liberty zip on ur sd and use wip data cache...do four or five battery pulls or as many as it takes to get into clockwork and just flash liberty

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
No turn your phone off open up the keyboard hold the up arrow and turn on your phone keep holding the up arrow till u get a black screen that says bootloader then numbers (just the version) and it'll say battery ok then plug in ur usb to the phone open up rsdlite with adminstrator then wait until it says connected then hit ... and select the sbf file then hit start and wait till it reboots your phone

Ok I finally got into the bootloader and i plugged everything in and re opened RSDlite and now its programming

thebird36

Reaction score
Oh btw for future reference your phone was not "bricked" a bricked phone is well like a brick... does nothing... now when it is done flashing have it reboot and u need to reprogram your phone too but if u need any help u can always pm me

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
Oh btw for future reference your phone was not "bricked" a bricked phone is well like a brick... does nothing... now when it is done flashing have it reboot and u need to reprogram your phone too but if u need any help u can always pm me

hey man thanks a lot! I didnt need to reprogram my phone. Now that I know how to access the bootloader I am going to retry the liberty mod because I really liked it. This time I am going to watch it download ALL the way and not from the one source as described by everyone else. For your great help I has a present for you under attachments :D

Last edited: