Bricked MotoDroid :(

eppey1

Reaction score
I forgot to backup before installing cyanogen. When I installed it, I realized that my phone didn't have a market app! I went into clockwork recovery and chose "factory reset/wipe data".

now all I have is the white "M" of death. Here's what I've done to try to fix it:
-I tried using RSD lite to flash the .sbf of the unrooted 2.0.1 version, but RSD lite couldn't find my droid.
-I tried downloading a stock recovery image and putting that into clockwork's backup folder, but when I chose to backup, it gave me an error when installing /system/ and all the others (though it did install /boot/)

Dumbass noobs like me shouldn't deserve to have :greendroid: . I should have a :blackberry: or :iphone: if i want to keep myself from breaking it with root.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i know you're not completely screwed at this point. rsd will work with your problem. i believe its probably a problem of the drivers not being installed, or you're not in the bootloader when you try to use rsd. (make sure you load into the bootloader before you try to flash it (to do hold up on d-pad while turning on the phone))
good luck

OP
eppey1

eppey1

Reaction score
thanks tktouch12. I realized my problem.
I was trying to use RSDlite in this order:
1 boot phone into bootloader
2 start RSD lite
3 connect phone to computer

the right way to do it is:

1 start RSD lite
2 plug phone into computer while holding up arrow (so it goes into bootloader)
3 use RSD lite to flash the .sbf file

anyway, RSD lite is chugging along as I write this. I'm pretty sure it's going to work. dancedroid

**edit- RSD worked, I'm now in 2.0.1 completely stock.