bricked it...any ideas welcom PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

txter

Reaction score
im pretty sure i bricked it. i had to reflash a rom and the battery popped out in the middle of it. i got stuck and had no choice but to .sbf. now i have nothing. after i sbf it got stuck in a bootloop. so i reflashed and now i cant get anything. the only screen that pops up is this...

Bootloader
D2.35
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery ok
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

thats all my screen says when i turn it on or plug it into my pc.
any ideas would be great.
i should say that i have sbf before so im not the newest to this. i never updated to the 2.3.20 update either.
so if anyone has an idea or a file to help me out..thx. otherwise i guess im off the vzw when i wake up

knivesout

Reaction score
I would SBF again. Whenever I have used the SBF it gets stuck in a bootloop. When this happens, pull your battery, reboot holding X, press search button on keyboard, wipe data/cache, and reboot.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
tried. nothing. i just called and now i have a new one on the way. it'll be here tomarrow and i'll be right back on Liberty 2.0 in 5 minutes after its here.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're aware that rooting voids warranty, right? This is one if the main reasons we have locked bootloaders now.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

illmatic636

Reaction score
It has been said that on the D2 and DX you may have to flash the SBF multiple times for it to work. You need to charge up that battery and get RSDlite to flash the sbf. Do it a few times and it will stick and bring you back to normal.

Good luck

illmatic636

Reaction score
You're aware that rooting voids warranty, right? This is one if the main reasons we have locked bootloaders now.

Is he really rooted? He could have been just receiving an OTA and lost his battery.

Those phones are encrypted. No root!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Is he really rooted? He could have been just receiving an OTA and lost his battery.

he said he was flashing roms, and plans on ptting liberty on his new phone

knivesout

Reaction score

He said he was flashing a ROM when this happened therefore yes, he would have to be rooted. It's not Verizon's responsibility to replace a phone he bricked (by pulling the battery while flashing a ROM) and can't figure out how to restore.

Reaction score
Another fine upstanding citizen. Albeit not the brightest to admit fraud. (and his inability to maintain battery retention)

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
listen guys.. ive put almost ever rom on this phone. ive sbf so many times i lost count. i swaped batteries out and just didnt put the door on the back. my 3 yr old hit the cord while it was flashing and knocked it off the desk, it hit the floor and batt popped out. i tried all the know fixes. im no noob. i flashed the sbf countless times before i posted here. i noticed now after not touching it all day that i plugged it in and on the bootloader screen, it says can not program instead of ok to program. im pretty sure that the sbf went through if it got stuck in a bootloop so mabey they wont be able to tell i was rooted. oh well. reguardless, i need a phone and had to get it replaced.
ive dont this for months. mabey the battery drop in the middle of flashing killed it. RSD lite 4.7 with patch wont even see the phone nor will rsd lite 4.9. oh well. if i can restore it i will and still send it back. otherwise, thx for the smartass comments. i just thought mabey someone had a trick or something i dont know yet. guess not.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bottom line: its still YOUR fault, not Motorola's.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
listen guys.. ive put almost ever rom on this phone. ive sbf so many times i lost count. i swaped batteries out and just didnt put the door on the back. my 3 yr old hit the cord while it was flashing and knocked it off the desk, it hit the floor and batt popped out. i tried all the know fixes. im no noob. i flashed the sbf countless times before i posted here. i noticed now after not touching it all day that i plugged it in and on the bootloader screen, it says can not program instead of ok to program. im pretty sure that the sbf went through if it got stuck in a bootloop so mabey they wont be able to tell i was rooted. oh well. reguardless, i need a phone and had to get it replaced.
ive dont this for months. mabey the battery drop in the middle of flashing killed it. RSD lite 4.7 with patch wont even see the phone nor will rsd lite 4.9. oh well. if i can restore it i will and still send it back. otherwise, thx for the smartass comments. i just thought mabey someone had a trick or something i dont know yet. guess not.

If you knew what you were doing then you realistically wouldn't have this problem. Rooting voids your warranty. If that's a problem to you then you should have just stayed stock. Your essentially committing a varied form of warranty/insurance fraud and it seems to be these instances that are to blame for the new p3droid claims.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it OP. If you had dropped it & shattered the screen it would have cost more to fix & that would also be your fault yet no one would be chastising you.

Status
Not open for further replies.