Bricked from Rubix?

LittleBoxOfBombs

Reaction score
I noticed issues earlier today when I was testing out Rubix. I had just come off of Darkslide 4.2 and didn't wipe anything just followed Rubix instructions (if it said to wipe in it I probably did) and I had some trouble just rebooting into recovery via DX bootstrap. It would boot up Rubix for a bit then my home screen when it rebooted. No recovery until I Boostrapped today (which didn't even show up while in there AND the one from yesterday was missing as well). Now I'm stuck at the Motorola logo because I got into recovery finally after bootstrapping first. I generally followed directions but figured I had it. I have a warranty on this, even though I'm rooted, I never brought it in. I'm pretty sure I'm running 2.2.340 and 2.2.1. The recovery I did pick was earlier this week and it was when I HAD Darkslide v4.2. I have tried SBFing but I had complications, not exactly sure why. Most likely my computers drivers. I can get into stock recovery and I did, tried wiping data but I had to press the options button to the far left a million times to do so. Sorry if I screwed myself and am causing headaches but if anyone has a quick fix to this I will definitely delete my thread. I apologize :(

trook

Reaction score
You can boot into clockwork by plugging your phone into the wall, and yanking the battery real quick if it helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
How did you flash rubix w/o clockworkmod?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

clockworkmod is the droid X bootstrapper and vice versa. but thats what he meant, OP. just try to get into the custom recovery (ie clockworkmod, bootstrapper recovery, whatever) and try to restore from a backup. Turning on you phone and pulling the battery off and turning back on, should help it do that. Repeat if it doesnt work.

OP
L

LittleBoxOfBombs

Reaction score
How did you flash rubix w/o clockworkmod?

clockworkmod is the droid X bootstrapper and vice versa. but thats what he meant, OP. just try to get into the custom recovery (ie clockworkmod, bootstrapper recovery, whatever) and try to restore from a backup. Turning on you phone and pulling the battery off and turning back on, should help it do that. Repeat if it doesnt work.

Yes that's correct, I just didn't realize bootstrap derived from the same dev/program set. Thank you for the clarification.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Ok, littlebox, my advise is all going to depend on what you want.

1) if you want to keep rubix running, plug in your phone and do a battery pull. When you put your battery back in it should automatically cause your phone to boot into clockworkmod recovery. Assuming you get past the moto logo do a cache wipe then clear data/factory reset. This should fix your issue. You will have to set everything back up, but hey your phone should work again so that's a plus.

2) if you don't want to run rubix anymore, assuming you made a nandroid backup, again plug in your phone then do a battery pull. When you boot into clockworkmod recovery go to backup and restore. Select restore and then select your nandroid to restore.

3) now, worst case scenario. Not getting past the "M" logo or no backup. You are going to have to flash the stock 2.3.340 sbf. If you can get past the M you have 2 options. Option 1- maderschrams 2.3.340 zip file. Do a google search for madersotck 2.3.340 for the file. You will flash that one the same way you flash a rom, just be sure to read all the directions before use. Option 2 (my perfered method) flashing 2.3.340 using rsd lite. You will have to use this method if you cannot get past the M logo. Go to mydroidworld.com to get the latest Motorola drivers for your computer, get the full 2.3.340 sbf, and get at least rsd lite 4.8 or higher. (If you need I can pm all the files to you). Boot your phone into the boot loader (if I remember correctly while the phone is off press power, volume down, and camera to get into the boot loader). Make sure your phone says battery ok to program if not you cannot use rsd lite until your battery is charged. If your going to use rsd lite do a search for it in the forums and follow all the directions on how to use it. Both the madersotck and rsd methods will return your phone to out of box stock conditions so you will have to set everything back up, but that's better than having a brick.

***note, in your phones current condition DO NOT take it into vzw. They will most likely send you packin' with a void warranty without ever touching your phone***