Bricked? Fixable or Droid Bionic?

Reaction score
Hey so I was trying to install Liquid Gingerbread v3.0 to my Global and it failed and stuck on the first M logo like the first two times so I loaded into bootloader and attempted an sfb flash back to stock, like the other two times. It got to 99% then said and error, I am stupid and didn't read said error. But I unplugged the phone and it was frozen so I pulled battery and put it back and it went into bootloader saying "data corrupt, low battery, cannot program". When searching for this issue online I only seem to get vague answers and when I find answers its "just reflash stock sbf until it works". Well great, but I cant flash anything its stuck and frozen, so help? Should I just buy a new phone?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey so I was trying to install Liquid Gingerbread v3.0 to my Global and it failed and stuck on the first M logo like the first two times so I loaded into bootloader and attempted an sfb flash back to stock, like the other two times. It got to 99% then said and error, I am stupid and didn't read said error. But I unplugged the phone and it was frozen so I pulled battery and put it back and it went into bootloader saying "data corrupt, low battery, cannot program". When searching for this issue online I only seem to get vague answers and when I find answers its "just reflash stock sbf until it works". Well great, but I cant flash anything its stuck and frozen, so help? Should I just buy a new phone?

If you want a new phone, buy one. However I think with a fresh battery you can still resurrect this phone.

Feudalplague

Reaction score
That would be my guess. I mean if you want you can do a new battery. If you want to SBF at least. I mean you can always do what I helped my friend with. Called verizon for him with all the info a verbally attacked them with the fact he's been a customer for 7 years and they should treat their older customers better.... he went from OG droid to Droid 2 global... via warranty. If you have the social tact you can get a new better phone through the process I described.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
I would recommend trying for an SBF, because the replacement phones Verizon's insurance company sends out are actually USED phones. So keep that in mind when weighing your options. As for trying to SBF with a dead battery, that could end in disaster. My ex tried to SBF her phone and it died half way through thus giving her an unfixable phone. Not even an SBF could fix it. If you have a friend with a similar phone, use their battery, or charge your on their phone. Best of Luck!