interesting problem?

stillwaiting

Reaction score
ok so this morning i went and installed the GB leak it went and installed flawlessly but i went back to CM7 mainly because i did not feel like re-downloading all the apps etc. then i saw the rooted tbh GB version and attempted to install it, i restored back to .330 rooted and bootstrapped, installed the first part but it aborted and gave me some really long number error i cant remember it, i rebooted and when it came up it said that the sd card was corrupted and that i should format it, because my cm7 recovery was on it i didnt, i took it out and copied all the files to my pc and put it back into the phone intending to format it then copy the files back onto it. when i turned my phone back on it took awhile to get to the M logo and it wouldent go into the boot animation or recovery, i can get to the bootloader and i have sbf'ed back to .29, ut it still wont get to the bootanimation or anything. also when im in the bootloader it deosnt give me any code corrupt errors or anything. So the bottom line is: is it bricked? and what do i do?

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
Try SBF-ing again. Right before the SBF flashing is near complete - when RSDlite say "rebooting phone" and phone reboots - hold Vol+- buttons to enter bootloader again. RSDlite will say PASS at this moment. Pull the USB cable and power off the phone. Hold the X button and power on - this will drive you to stock recovery. Wipe data and cache there, then reboot. Hopefilly this helps. If you don't wipe data after CM7 followed by SBF, stock cannot boot.
You can try to bypass SBF-ing - pull the battery, insert it back, hold X and power up - if you enter stock recovery, things should be ok - do the wipe and restart. Phone should boot after this

OP
stillwaiting

stillwaiting

Reaction score
whenever i try to get to stock recovery it just sits on the M logo, is it bricked?

leobg

Reaction score
You said you can go to Boot loader - did you try to SBF again? Maybe the flash didn't go right.

leobg

Reaction score
I say leave phone stock (no root/bootstrap) and head over Verizon to get it replaced - it is still under warranty - right?

leobg

Reaction score
Should be - warranty is 1 year. No phone should be out of warranty in theory so far as it was released in November 2010.