bricked beyond repair?

alpacca_sd

Reaction score
i have a droid 2 global, accidentally put an apex rom on it because i was trying to flash to cricket, and now after putting the stock sbf file back on it (2.4.29), i get stuck in a bootloop with the motorola red eye. rsd lite says flash was a success, i even wiped data and cache after reverting back to stock, but i still get stuck in the same bootloop. i have been frustrated trying to get this phone working for weeks now. is it possible my phone is permanently bricked? i heard somewhere that as long as i am able to get into the bootloader screen (which i can), it is repairable. anyone know how i should go about this? please help me get it unbricked so i can flash it. i would have been promoted at my job weeks ago, but the boss thinks i am lying about my phone and that i dont wanna come in to work when he calls me. he doesnt know the struggles ive been going thru to get this phone up and running

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Try this. It is an sbf for, 29then you can update to, 33. If you can get into stock recovery (hold power button and volume rocker followed by
Pressing the hour glass at the Droid w/ question mark) you are not perma bricked. Try doing a wipe cache/data before sbf'ing. You may just have a bad file.

http://min.us/mb7pNZsl

Good luck. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if this solves your issue so post if it works or doesn't work.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You can also try doing the sbf with an ISO disk. The thread is posted below yours. I have not used it but it seems like a very simple way do to an sbf w/o dealing with rsd lite.

OP
A

alpacca_sd

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. i have tried about 3 different versions of the 2.4.29 file..maybe they were all bad? i will download the link you posted and see if that can fix it. I dont have my usb cable with me to try this right now, i just got off of work and i remembered i had left it at a friends house.

I was checking out that thread about using an iso before i made this thread. it doesnt seem like a bad idea. first i will try your sbf and then try the second method.

one more thing, i tried plugging it in to rsd lite today, and i got an error about s flash omap3630 mi drivers missing. this didnt use to happen before. i couldnt find much info about fixing it online..so i guess the iso method might work better for me

ShadowBEM

Reaction score
i think i did a good number on my D2g, i tryed flasing the new liquid i found here, i was coming from angel oreo rom, did everyyhin the usual way, the wipe and all the good stuff, afthe the flash i reset the phone and all i get is the motorola logo and nothing else, nothing at all it just stays at the logo, i E]y to but into recovery but all im able to do its hold the power and volumen up and down buttoms and boot into the black screem with the white letters that says bootloader do,11 battery ok ok to program connect usb data cable. i really dont know what to do here, i been flashing for a while but never been in this situation, any help anyone???

Insidious

Reaction score
i think i did a good number on my D2g, i tryed flasing the new liquid i found here, i was coming from angel oreo rom, did everyyhin the usual way, the wipe and all the good stuff, afthe the flash i reset the phone and all i get is the motorola logo and nothing else, nothing at all it just stays at the logo, i E]y to but into recovery but all im able to do its hold the power and volumen up and down buttoms and boot into the black screem with the white letters that says bootloader do,11 battery ok ok to program connect usb data cable. i really dont know what to do here, i been flashing for a while but never been in this situation, any help anyone???

Dang, were you on gingerbread or froyo? Have you tried sbf'ing? If not try not to play with it to much, because sbf'ing requires you to have atleast 40% of battery life.

ShadowBEM

Reaction score
well other than what i metiond before, i havent tryed anything yet mainly cause this happend to me at work, once i get home tonite i will be trying anything to try to get this phone back to life, theres another thing, my d2g has the radio hack from tbh so i been using it on att, i dont know if the method to bring it back will overwrite that radio hack but to be honest i rather lose it than lose the radio hack than lose all of it. and i was on android 2.2, but if sbf'ing works ill just need intrucions on how to go about it, like i said before, first time something goes wrong for me.

yeoj1323

Reaction score
This is a simple fix, you need to clear the cache then you can sbf the phone, it should work perfectly fine after that

lunitunz

Reaction score
is my phone bricked?

I recently rooted my phone using motorolaoneclickmethod and then tried to delete preinstalled apps like blockbuster, skype, nflmobile (since verizon's charging for it now), etc. But nowhere did i see that option... so i installed root checker from the market and ran it. It says that superuser and busybox are installed correctly. So then i thought maybe there was a rooted app that would do something similar. I installed titanium backup and ran it... it says that i am not rooted. What do i do? Btw, i have read several post elsewhere and thought my phone may ne bricked. Thanks. I am using the droid 3

frankc13

Reaction score
thanks for the advice. i have tried about 3 different versions of the 2.4.29 file..maybe they were all bad? i will download the link you posted and see if that can fix it. I dont have my usb cable with me to try this right now, i just got off of work and i remembered i had left it at a friends house.

I was checking out that thread about using an iso before i made this thread. it doesnt seem like a bad idea. first i will try your sbf and then try the second method.

one more thing, i tried plugging it in to rsd lite today, and i got an error about s flash omap3630 mi drivers missing. this didnt use to happen before. i couldnt find much info about fixing it online..so i guess the iso method might work better for me

Actually its kinda funny that i stumbled on this thread, i just had the same exact problem yesterday with mine. i kept on coming up with the same error. i fixed it by downloading the 2.4.330 sbf here: sbf 2.4.29 - Minus.com as bdsullivan stated, next i had to update my rsdlite to 5.4.4 which is found here: RSDLite 5.4.4.zip and lastly i had to make sure the motorola drivers were up to date which can be found here: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...al_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.53_Driver_5.2.0.exe . Also make sure to run rsdlite as administrator. keep us up to date