Brand New!

casterp

Reaction score
Hi all. Glad I found this really helpful forum. I just purchased my first ever smartphone....Droid 3. I know I will have many questions, but the first is what type of Micro SD card do I buy? Ideally I would like a 32 gb but I have no idea which class to buy. Thanks so much!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IIRC the D3 will accept up to 32GB Class6.

OP
C

casterp

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the help. Does the brand matter? I cannot find a 32 gb class 6 in a brand I recognize; i.e., Transend or SanDisk. I can find brands call Pro and Centon. Do you know if these are reliable? Thanks again for the help.l

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Does the brand matter? I cannot find a 32 gb class 6 in a brand I recognize; i.e., Transend or SanDisk. I can find brands call Pro and Centon. Do you know if these are reliable? Thanks again for the help.l

Welcome to the forums! I have SanDisk, but I believe my brother uses a Centon that he got in an airport store a while back for his D2G that works just fine.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much!

No problem! "Off-brand" stuff usually can work just fine, but it's always good to be cautious. I mean, dare I say here, Apple was pretty off brand at one point and look where they are now. Even though they're getting to the point of suing a lot of other brands.., but still.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums