BP7X Extended Battery Cover Needed

MS2SF

Reaction score
I received the extended battery for a D2 from Motorola with out the extended cover. I thought they both came together. They now say they are out. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Should I and can I use the extended battery without a battery cover?

tennvol

Reaction score
PM me, just bought a pro and was planning on keeping the extended battery as a spare and have a door for sale...

OP
M

MS2SF

Reaction score
I'm using my extended battery without the door. I have the rubberized cover over it and it works fine.

Have you been using this rubberized cover for a long time? Has the battery come loose and have you lost power?

katiejean20

Reaction score
Droid Pro - Where to purchase extended battery besides VZW website

Does anyone know where I can purchase an extended battery and cover for the Droid Pro besides the verizon wireless website? I've checked amazon, ebay, and googling it, but have been unsuccessful.

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
You can try Motorola , they should have the doors available. Also, if the code "GIFT4U60" is still available, you will get 60% off any accessories ordered. The code is applied during the checkout procedure, so you can try it to see if it still works. Note, the code is good for any accessories purchased from their site, and shipping was only $4.

katiejean20

Reaction score
The Motorola website only offers the cover, but not the extended battery itself. Hmm.. I really hate to spend $50 on a battery when the phone itself was only $50. I don't know what else to do. I'm guessing that it would be more difficult to find Droid Pro accessories since it is such a new phone.

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
I think that I read that the Droid Pro uses the same extended battery as the Droid 2, which is the BP7X. The motorola store has that for $50, and the cover is $10, so if the 60% off is still available, you should be able to get both with shipping and tax for under $30. You would want to confirm that the BP7X is the correct battery though. Also, keep in mind that the battery only offers a 30% improvement.

Other option is to but a portable battery so you can charge the phone anywhere. I have the Motorola P790, which you could get from the Motorola site with the discount for $16 (Battery and Adapter which needs to be purchased separately from their site), so you would be paying just over $20 with shipping and tax. Hope this helps.

Edit: It appears that the P790 may have sold out as I no longer see it on the site. It was there when I ordered the extended battery for my Droid X late last week. You could always get the P790 and adapter on eBay, which is where I purchased mine over the summer.

Last edited:

katiejean20

Reaction score
I checked to see if the BP7X was compatible with the Droid Pro and the verizon wireless has it listed that the batter for the Droid Pro as being XT612 so I guess the Droid 2 battery wouldn't work.

I checked portable battery charges and found some good deals on that as well as good ratings. I might just get the portable battery since it is a lot cheaper. This may sound like a dumb question, but how do portable battery charges work? And are all motorola portable batteries work on the Droid Pro?

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
Just a note, per the Motorola website, the BP7X is the extended battery for the Droid Pro, so if you use the code listed above, you can purchase the extended battery $39.99 and Extended battery door $9.99 for $20 before shipping and tax.

Most of the portable batteries are simply rechargeable batteries that can be used to recharge the battery in your device. You charge the portable battery, then connect it to your device and it charges your battery, or you can use it so the device will drain the portable battery and save your device battery. I use it when I know I will not be able to plug my device in to charge it, and also when I am using my phone on a plane and want to watch a movie or play a game.

Most of the portable batteries charge via the USB port on your phone, so as long as it has a micro USB adapter you should be ok. The Motorola P790 that I use has a Mini USB adapter, so I had to buy a Mini to Micro USB adapter to make it work on my Droid X.

katiejean20

Reaction score
I can't find the extended battery on the Motorola website. Any chance you could include a link?

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
You can try this Battery BP6X for DROID and CLIQ , I just did a search for BP6X and it came up

Sorry, that appears to be a link for the 6X, which is the standard battery, will look for the 7X and will post if I find it

Last edited:

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
Last edited:

katiejean20

Reaction score
My dad has the Droid X. Would the battery you mentioned before work for that phone as well?