Bought phone outright Verizon

CSteffel21

Reaction score
Just bought an iphone 6s plus and trying to switch my phones over now. I get to the point where everything is good to go then on the verizon website it takes me to the data plan change.
My plan is from Alltel so I'm not on the verizon unlimited.
Anyway i bought the iphone outright and got home to switch and nothing.
Anybody got any ideas?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I wouldn't go through the website. If the sims are the same size just use your sim card in the iPhone. If not, Verizon can send you one.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Confused. In order to get a Verizon Sim card, don't you need a Verizon plan? I bought my phone outright (Motorola X Pure), and have an unlimited data plan from Verizon. I bought my phone from Amazon, and was upgrading from the Motorola RAZR Maxx. Maxx had a larger SD card. I walked into VZW store, and for a new Sim. They gave it to me, activated it, and done. But I had the plan. Same scenario for my daughter, but she bought her phone outright at BestBuy. Also has VZW unlimited. BestBuy threw in a micro Sim, and done. But again, she already had the plan. The OP here said their plan was with Alltell... Wouldn't they need to get a Verizon plan to activate a phone on their network?

wcjeep

Reaction score
You will need to go to a corporate Verizon store. Avoid 3rd party store. Some Mall kiosks are corporate, others are third party. We bought are S7's outright. Still had significant issues keeping my Unlimited Data. My problem ended up being the GPS tracker on my daughter phone.