Bought a droid I cant activate

travis7

Reaction score
So today I drove for 2 hours to buy a droid... and got home just to take it to verizon and be told it cannot be activated. It cant make calls or anything but its still on someones account... :/ any help here? can I do ANYTHING??

jaw4bama

Reaction score
The phone sounds like it is blacklisted (the original owner did not pay there bill or the phone was stolen etc.) If that is the case, no you can't activate it. You need to get your money back.

Beka27

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the seller? For future reference, call Verizon to check the status of the phone's ESN prior to purchase.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's always best to meet the seller at a VZW store and activate the device before paying for it.

Short answer is your SOL unless the seller will refund your money.

GDP

Reaction score
You're screwed pretty much unless you can manually activate it yourself. If the phone was stolen there's nothing you can do though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Shusuke028

Reaction score
My friend was in this same predicament and he tried everything. What he ended up doing was just selling it on ebay and advertising it saying that it had a Bad ESN. Usually people just use these for parts or flash to Cricket/Metro

cesar997j

Reaction score
So today I drove for 2 hours to buy a droid... and got home just to take it to verizon and be told it cannot be activated. It cant make calls or anything but its still on someones account... :/ any help here? can I do ANYTHING??

check an tell me wat the min number is for the phone if its still on the account