both my school emails won't sync?

350-Jason

Reaction score
EDIT: it pulls emails, but won't send emails out.

I tried multiple ways last night and I got the sync error message. I wish there was more information available somewhere, but there isn't....

anyone know how to make these work?
i have two:
@fsu.edu
@eagle.fgcu.edu

also, I have my gmail account logged into on my droid. but it isn't syncing after the first time. I couldn't find an option to change to pull every 5 minutes on the gmail account, and the manual refresh isn't working either.

Last edited:

Stigy

Reaction score
Are you sure the server settings for your school's email are correct?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
350-Jason... first off let me explain something to you, YOU ARE AWESOME! Because you an an FSU email, and seeing i'm from tally. I will help look into this, maybe someone else already has the answer.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
350-Jason... first off let me explain something to you, YOU ARE AWESOME! Because you an an FSU email, and seeing i'm from tally. I will help look into this, maybe someone else already has the answer.

FYI the Canes are still better! We even won there this year too :p

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score
New2U- are you the other early Droid owner? Walmart on appalachee?

and thanks for the help guys, i will try these things and report back.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

No i had to get mine through the VZW store, the New every 2 program i figured wouldn't apply there as it wasn't applied to best buy. I didn't even think the walmart around us would sell it lol.

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score
no luck with either the IMAP or exchange. i tried everything a multitude of ways too. :((((

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score

No i had to get mine through the VZW store, the New every 2 program i figured wouldn't apply there as it wasn't applied to best buy. I didn't even think the walmart around us would sell it lol.

Hmm. Well someone got the first one in Tallahasse. I got the second, I want to know who was 2 hours ahead of me... they were on top of it.

Stigy

Reaction score
no luck with either the IMAP or exchange. i tried everything a multitude of ways too. :((((

Can you give IT a call at school?

Seems to be pretty advanced IT department -- I am sure they would be able to help if you brought them the phone.

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score

Can you give IT a call at school?

Seems to be pretty advanced IT department -- I am sure they would be able to help if you brought them the phone.

Yeah they are advanced. Im just going to call them, but they're usually rude.. that's why i was hesitant.

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score
WOOHOOOO i got it figured out. Help desk couldnt... but a few google searches revealed what i needed. I had to use verizon's outgoing server and my schools incoming. setting for verizon: outgoing.verizon.net and port number is 587. you have to have NONE as security setting.

Stigy

Reaction score
Ah your school does not allow for relaying off their servers then...

That makes sense -- good work!

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score
yeah. i just wish it was autodetected like on my BB. but whatever, took thirty extra minutes and now ill be happy ALL the time, unlike when i was UNHAPPY all the time with my storm. worth the little extra hassle for sure.

OP

350-Jason

Reaction score
it pulls emails, but wont send any. it says sent, but they dont actually send.