Bootstrap recovery question

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Im trying to boot my recovery save in order to install titanium backup and make a backup of my Angry Birds save that i lost when i loaded DarkSlide but im confused on how to load my recovery and i dont want to screw something up

Come to the DarkSlide !

maderschramm

Reaction score
Your post confuses me.

A) Why not just install titanium backup now to load the angry birds save?

B) How can you make a backup of a save that you've lost?

C) What are you trying to do? Clockworkmod recovery?

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
sorry for the confusion ! yes im trying to boot my recovery from bootstrap (clockwork) but im not sure how ... im not even sure i did a backup right - im new at this rom stuff so i did a bootstrap backup (i think) then i loaded DarkSlide but i didnt know to backup my game saves so i lost them - i was told i could boot my backup and use titanium backup and get my game saves back then reload DarkSlide - but now my main concern is did i do a backup of my stock Droid X - how can i find this out ?

Come to the DarkSlide !

D

dankarlinski

for root and to do a backup, you need a few things....

1. Root (z4Root is best)
2. Download Rom Manager from market (clockworkmod), and then flash the recovery
3. Purchase Droid X Bootstrapper from market
4. open Bootstrap, hit bootstrap recovery. Hit Reboot recovery

using the volume keys, navigate to backup/restore > Backup
For a Proper restore navigate to backup/restore > Restore

maderschramm

Reaction score
The proper way to do a dx nandroid (clockworkmod recovery) backup is contained in my signature. Check that and see if you followed the instructions properly.

what above poster said is basically it though. if you're still confused check the first link in my sig for more in-depth instructions.

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
thanx for the info guys ! it made sense after your info ! but as i thought i didnt make a backup of my orginal operating system - well its not in my backup file so im guessing i dont have a backup or is the backup located somewhere else - i screwed up somewhere during trying to make a backup when i first did this about a week ago ... I really like my DarkSlide rom but i really needed to make that backup of my orginal system correct ? is there anyway to get maybe a download of the orginal for my DX ? or have i screwed myself ? Thanx again for your help !

Come to the DarkSlide !

maderschramm

Reaction score
last link in my sig is an open beta i've started for a 2.3.340 update.zip file. if you're interested review the information and pm me.

D

dankarlinski

last link in my sig is an open beta i've started for a 2.3.340 update.zip file. if you're interested review the information and pm me.

is the update.zip signed??

Do you wanna make one for the D2? lol

maderschramm

Reaction score
no. it is not signed, you need to use clockworkmod recovery to flash the update.zip as moto hasn't released their private keys.

as for the d2, if they use the same sbfs then they should be compatible. unfortunately I don't know much about the d2, I'm kind of in my own dx world :p

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
thanx for all your help ! i will check out your zip

Come to the DarkSlide !

Scott B

Reaction score
I ran the bootstrapper and I read that you are suppossed to rename the saved files before deleting stuff but I cant find the saved backup. where does bootstrap put the backedup files