Stuck on M after trying to Darkslide 4.2

01dmax66

Reaction score
Hello I really need help. I went through the forums and followed the instructions. I rooted my phone tonight, that was easy. I installed bootstrapper and titanum. Then I wanted to try Darkslide 4.2 so I went through the instructions step by step but it locked up on loading update. I pulled the batt and restores to my last bootstrapper backup but when I rebooted it woulnt go past the motorola symbol. Somebody please help!! I do have a spair x that I havent activated but I was hoping to save that one. Thanks...

milski65

Reaction score
What sytem version are you on (settings/about phone)? If it's 4.5.596 I don't think you can't use 4.2 darkslide. You need to install darkslide X. You may have to sbf your phone. Try to get into stock recovery. Turn off phone. Hold home button (do not release) then press and hold power button till the m logo appears. Release power button while still holding home button until exclamation mark appears. Release home button, then press search button. This should bring you to the recovery screen. Use volume down key and scroll to wipe data factory rest. Use camera button to click okay. When done, choose reboot system now.

OP

01dmax66

Reaction score
need help

Thanks for the info I tried all that when I go to the reset screen i guess there is suppose to be a format option which i dont have and I checked prior to attempting and Darkslide should have worked. I tried wiping and reboting but no luck. Can I SBF with a Mac? Thanks Mike

milski65

Reaction score
4.2 is based on froyo. If you're on gb it won't load. Google 1kds linux cd. I think he has a way to do with mac. Or google mac sbf DROIDX