Bootstrap question

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I have bootstrap (then again who doesn't if you are rooting) and I always create back ups before I install anything.

My question is ... where are the back ups at? I look on my SD card and I just made a backup and I go to the folder "clockworkmod". It has backups in there but they were from months ago nothing from today. Am I looking in the wrong folder?

Its good practice to:
a) rename your backups for easy record keeping
b) delete backups from older system versions so you don't accidentally restore it

Here's a write up I did on the Droid X Bootstrap. Check it out for more tips
[HOW TO] Use Droid X Bootstrap

Awesome link!!! That level of detail is just what I needed! Thanks! Do you have walk-thrus on other topics?

THANKS! I'll check these out! I've searched and read a lot on DF, but so many of the topics are spread out among a dozen different threads. There are very few complete How-Tos...

Ya DF is a little more crowded. I mainly post at droidxforums.com check it out

Do you have a write up on how to use metamorph? I used it to install a battery icon and I don't want it anymore and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Btw thanks for your write up. This whole time I thought I was making backups by just pressing the button on the bootstrap but I wasn't. I didn't know I had to go into clockwork and click back up and stuff.

THANK GOD nothing has went wrong so far.

Do you have a write up on how to use metamorph? I used it to install a battery icon and I don't want it anymore and I don't know how to get rid of it.

There should he a backup in your android themes folder. Look for it there so u can flash it

I don't use metamorph, I always had problems with it. I prefer ninjamorph

Am I flashing it through clockwork or through metamorph again?

To revert to stock setup u need to push the framework using root explorer. Pull the modded one out and put the old one in.

Back