Bootstrap/clockwork

Racingglock35

Reaction score
Everytime I shut off my phone and power it back up it always boots into clockwork. Any way to fix this? This happens if I am on a custom rom or stock. Even if I un-install bootstrap.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
You might need to completely reset your phone. You'll have to download the system update file and just use like titanium backup to reinstall your apps. My phone was doing that for a while so that's what I did. Hope it helps you..

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App

OP
R

Racingglock35

Reaction score
SBF...should not be the only option. That would leave me with using the SBF every time I want to return to stock. There has to be a way to stop the Clockwork mod from booting everytime.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are two ways that I've heard of to fix this issue. One is a little invasive and will require you to delete some files in astro and rename some others. Then there's one that's a little easier but I don't have it at hand. Let me try and dig them up for you.

tappin and a talkin

jellybean420

Reaction score
Everytime I shut off my phone and power it back up it always boots into clockwork. Any way to fix this? This happens if I am on a custom rom or stock. Even if I un-install bootstrap.

Is this really a bad thing. I've had issues where I prayed to see that screen and didn't. If you screw anything up that screen is a life saver. Personally I would just take the extra 2 seconds to push reboot.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree. I'd like that kind of security. Anyway...

4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper (or rename to logwrapper.bak to be super safe!)
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.

Just pulled that out of another thread. Not sure why its numbered like that but I just copied and pasted it. It should sort you out.

tappin and a talkin

OP
R

Racingglock35

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Was not sure if it was a bug. I am fairly new to the mod/rom thing and was not sure what to do. But, since I have had issues since installing the Big Dx crystal theme I will enjoy the "security" you speak of and let the bootstap do its thing.

t.noroeste

Reaction score
I deleted hijack and logwrapper and renamed logwrapper.bin and it worked. But now I want to use clockwork again. how do i undo what i did. reinstalled bootstrapper but it dosent work and I noticed that even after reinstalling it, the hijack is missing, and there is only the one logwrapper file. Can i download those single files alone?

skruid

Reaction score
On the DROID2 global do you have to flash bootstrap before clockwork recovery, and also how do you know what 1int and 2int recoveries are I have a ton of experience flashing rims themes ect on droid 1, but my research on romming the DROID2 global is a whole new ball game, really want to know what is going on before I go ahead and brick my phone lol, any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I am comfortable sbfing if I need to, I have done this quite a few times for friends

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

skruid

Reaction score
Thanks great reply, full explanation on one page, sweetness right

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums