Bootloops

tampaboy1984

Reaction score
Installed 1.9.0 over Apex and now I'm bootlooping....how can i get to recovery to restore backup or flash back to apex?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
-Power off.

-Hold down power and home button till the /\/\ comes up.

-When /\/\ comes on let go of power and remain holding home.

-After the /!\ with the droid comes up, let go of home and hit the search button.

You can always try what the below suggests also:)

Last edited:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I think if you power off, pull battery, power on it should boot you into Clockwork.. I'm not sure if that's the case but I'd definitely try it a few times to see if you can get into Clockwork if not hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond quickly

OP
T

tampaboy1984

Reaction score
Ok so that worked thank you but for some reason I am at Stock Recovery!?? What now? There's no option to restore backup.

Says at bottom of screen
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command at bottom of screen.

edit* ok I wiped data and cache and it is starting now did not want to wipe becuase I am flashed to Metro PCS and didnt know if i would lose all my settings to have everything working hope i didnt...setting up now.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so that worked thank you but for some reason I am at Stock Recovery!?? What now? There's no option to restore backup.

Says at bottom of screen
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command at bottom of screen.

edit* ok I wiped data and cache and it is starting now did not want to wipe becuase I am flashed to Metro PCS and didnt know if i would lose all my settings to have everything working hope i didnt...setting up now.

Well I was under the impression if you had a backup save as update.zip you could run it through either. I could be mistaken. I've never had to do it, just read some on it. You might be looking at an sbf.

Did you try the battery pull?

OP
T

tampaboy1984

Reaction score
Well I got it just took quite a few steps...Wipe Data/Cache, started up since Data Network settings got erased (enabled WiFi), went into Market, Downloaded Rom Manager and Astro File Manager, Install DroidX Bootstrap then Clockwork Recovery, reboot in Clockwork, and finally Restoring Backup....lol

*Big THANKS for the quick replys, and definitely would've been a SBF if chkMate wouldn't have come trough with the sequence to get into recovery....Thanx Mate!*

*Thanks to you too andylulzyou but chkMate beat ya to it lol*

Last edited:

Gehlersjr

Reaction score
wiping data and cache doesn't mess with provisioning

Doing a data and cache wipe will not screw with your provisioning settings, those are not found in system or data. I work for a metro store at seminole mall and I have gone from stock to liberty 1.5 and 2.0.1 and I wipe everytime, I believe the nvitems are found in boot and therefore won't be affected by the changing of roms, I am currently researching it but from what I have been told gingerbread does not support ip tables, this support is required for metro data to work and that's why phones being flashed to metro have to be downgraded to froyo to be flashed to metro service, like I said this is just what I have been told and that's why I am looking into it