Bootloop when installing CM7 GB

skytbest

Reaction score
So I updated to the official moto GB on my droid 2 and rooted it using the Droid 3 root method. I downloaded the latest nightly of CM7GB and tried installing it through bootstrap recovery. Should I wipe cache, and do a data wipe/factory reset? Or will the factory reset revert me back to froyo? I also tried installing through Clockwork rom manager and I wiped data/ cache and dalvik cache but it errored out in bootstrap and wrote something to the log file (don't have it write now since I'm currently SBFing). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this?

Thanks!

darkn3ss

Reaction score
I also am in a bootloop. getting ready to sbf yet again. Sbf'ed back to froyo, did the ota gb. rooted, installed d2 bootstrap, wiped cache/davlik, installed new cm7bg and gapps. and proceeded to bootloop. Good luck getting yours to work.

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
*sigh* So you got it loaded up into CM7GB long enough to install gapps? I can't even boot into it

All.Star.88

Reaction score
Wipe data/factory reset,cache, and dalvik before installing CM7 after you install the OTA. Should solve your problems.

CM7GB-D2

darkn3ss

Reaction score
Wipe data/factory reset,cache, and dalvik before installing CM7 after you install the OTA. Should solve your problems.

CM7GB-D2
Yeah, realized I forgot to wipe data. Doing that now. Hopefully it works. Sky, you have to install gapps the same time you install cm7gb.

edit: got it working. time to start playing with jasons mod.

Last edited:

idefiler6

Reaction score
Just get the gapps zip and flash it after you flash CM7. Before you flash anything wipe data, cache and make sure to go to the advanced menu in recovery and wipe dalvik. Should have no trouble after this. BTW we have a whole thread dedicated to this version of the ROM, so you're better off posting questions there. You will get a much faster answer.

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
Thanks guys, got it to work properly now. Just flashed latest gapps zip through clockwork recovery. I'll use that thread from now on. Thanks a bunch!