Bootloader Crack Imminent

S

scrub175

that's a shame Bird's giving up on the X. Rom Manager has grown with Roms in just the last week. Of course we are limited to the kernel and radio, but the current flock of roms do well with the current limitations.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Damn shame. Kinda makes me feel a little better about not buying an X the other night.

Why cause you cant get at the most 300MHz extra? It's not like the CPU will do 1.5 - 2.0GHz. Overclocking is the biggest thing you can do with a different kernel. Just having recovery and root is good enough for the other 97% mods you can do...

trook

Reaction score
I agree, I would like to overclock just to mess with it but 1ghz is screaming fast compared to the backflop that I came from (which is my wifes phone now hahaha sucker, she thinks its awesome btw) but seriously, the laptop I'm typing on right now has a 2gig proccessor and its plenty fast.dancedroid

lordloki

Reaction score
Damn shame. Kinda makes me feel a little better about not buying an X the other night.

Why cause you cant get at the most 300MHz extra? It's not like the CPU will do 1.5 - 2.0GHz. Overclocking is the biggest thing you can do with a different kernel. Just having recovery and root is good enough for the other 97% mods you can do...

except for being able to keep current with new kernel mods if/when vzw drops support...

and besides, you can OC now :)

Reaction score
So, about 26 days have passed since this thread started. Has the bootloader been cracked? If not, what progress has been made since the post began?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
How many people are working on this? Is there any way u can explain to me how difficult this task is?

kennydied23

Reaction score
How many people are working on this? Is there any way u can explain to me how difficult this task is?

It's complicated...I'm sure someone else here can explain it better. But there were a few people that were trying to crack it. The reason that they cant is because of the encryption is RSA 2048 and that wont be able to be cracked for dozens of years. They tried to find workarounds but only managed to get so far in progress.

evilsock

Reaction score
sooooo guess its still not happening?
in all reality is there a phone on vzw with a keyboard other than the d1 i can put cyanogen mod on???

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. There are only two with a keyboard (D2 and Ally).

sooooo guess its still not happening?
in all reality is there a phone on vzw with a keyboard other than the d1 i can put cyanogen mod on???

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)