Boot up animation ?

Robert7107

Reaction score
I received ota update for my Nexus 6 AT&T brand by pulling sim card and doing a factory reset. It updated to 6.0 but the boot up animation remained the same as lollipop . I have all the features of 6.0 and no issues at all except Boot up animation.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Robert7107

Reaction score
Yup.. 6.0

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm with Big Red and received the update notice before I went to bed last night. Got it rolling and woke up to Android 6.0, a touch of Marshmallow goodness. I just shut down and restarted my Nexus and the boot animation is different. Even seems to take a little longer to complete boot up (if that's possible). ;)

Still works as smootly as ever, though the device now says that Google Play needs to be updated. Crazy thing is, when I click on the notification, it only offers the option to deactivate. Why wouldn't Google Play automatically update? Especially, if it's necessary for use of all other apps.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm with Big Red and received the update notice before I went to bed last night. Got it rolling and woke up to Android 6.0, a touch of Marshmallow goodness. I just shut down and restarted my Nexus and the boot animation is different. Even seems to take a little longer to complete boot up (if that's possible). ;)

Still works as smootly as ever, though the device now says that Google Play needs to be updated. Crazy thing is, when I click on the notification, it only offers the option to deactivate. Why wouldn't Google Play automatically update? Especially, if it's necessary for use of all other apps.

If it's the Google Play services or Google Play, you can sideload the latest from here You searched for google play - APKMirror

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Funny thing, or crazy - depending on your point of view. I just received the OTA update for Android 6.0 ............ again! Updated my Nexus Sunday night, and here it is again. Wow! Unless, of course, something was missed in the earlier OTA. Has anyone else experienced this?