How to get back to stock animation!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used boot animation changer lite to change my boot animation to the nexus s one. I tried to click the box which says to go back to the stock animation but it still is coming up with the nexus s one. I went to the sd card and deleted it, but it's still there. I know there must be a way to do it. Can someone please help me get back to stock boot animation?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

GoBlazers

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the same answer in a different thread. I need to return my phone to verizon bc of a hw issue and I want everything to be stock.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well keep me posted if you find anything out, thanks!

wsfanatic

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the same answer in a different thread. I need to return my phone to verizon bc of a hw issue and I want everything to be stock.
If you're sending your phone back to Verizon, the best thing you could do is to SBF. That will get your phone back to its out of the box state software-wise.

meaker

Reaction score
How and what is a SBF? Just trying to learn more about my phone..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wsfanatic

Reaction score
Idopa, from clockwork recovery, mount the system and install this zip file (after you've put it on your sd card). Once you reboot, you will be back to the stock D2 boot animation.

Attachments

• Droid2_Boot_Animation.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 260
OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still have the stock animation on my sd card. Is going into clockwork the only way? I still haven't rebooted in clockwork yet. Still have the irrational fear that ill screw something up if there is no other way then ill try it. I thought using the app would let me do it. Even when I try to use another custom boot animation, it sticks with the nexus one

wsfanatic

Reaction score
The file I uploaded here only applies the change through clockwork recovery.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so I figured out how to do it. Take the back up of the stock animation, go into root explorer and go to data/local. Erase the replaced animation with the stock backup and you are good!