Boot Time

xm41907

Reaction score
What is the typical boot time for the droid 2? Shortly after I bought mine, I loaded Liberty 2.0 on my phone, and now I'm on Liberty GB 0.8. It takes about 4 minutes to boot up start to finish. My wife's Droid X, which is also on Liberty, boots in less than half the time. If this isn't normal, would a SBF correct it?

Reaction score
Consistently? Like mine boot in at least a minute if not less... I know once you flash something or have to reboot to like install Apps or something then it takes a while

Sent to you by a D2 Hopped up on some Liberated Gingerbread

km75

Reaction score
Four minutes seems like an unusually long time. Not sure if a sbf would help or not. I would do a data wipe first and see if that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
it is consistently around 4 minutes, not just when updating or such. I figured it was longer than normal. I don't recall it being that way for the 2 weeks or so before I loaded my first custom rom. I'm wondering if something has slowed it down. The only roms I've had were Liberty 1.5, 2.01, ZombieStomp, and Liberty 0.8, in that order. I've wiped the data numerous times, wiped the battery, tried all the zip align, fix permissions, etc and nothings changed the boot time. I guess my next attempt will be to SBF and see if that helps.

Reaction score
I guess it wouldn't hurt. . . That will fish out most software bugs prolly, but if it keeps taking long after sbf, I would start troubleshooting by uninstalling some third party Apps and seeing if any are the culprit

Sent to you by a D2 Hopped up on some Liberated Gingerbread

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
I'll probably SBF this weekend when I have the time and see how it goes. Good thought on the 3rd party apps. I hadn't thought of that.