Boot Sequence question...

jrk

Reaction score
I'm admitting up front, I'm a newbie to this forum and OS. I've been using an iPhone now since they came out (original 2G model) and I'm more than ready to try this OS out. I've been playing around with the demo Droid X's in VZ's stores, and based on that I have a simple question. I tried rebooting a demo phone. When I did, after showing me the moto symbol then on to the droid eye symbol, it came to a battery indicator. From this point, it seemed to not go further. It stayed on the battery symbol, which was 100%, until it timed out into sleep mode. Pressing the home key, or menu key, or power button to wake it back up brought me back to the battery indicator. On the battery indicator screen, I could not move forward to the Home screen no matter what button I pressed.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but would love a quick education as to what. I read the user manual online, and searched several of these forums using the key words "boot sequence", but did not find what I was looking for.

I sincerely appreciate your time and help...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The demo phone must've had some sort of app on it. From my experience with a friend's Droid X, it's the same as any android phone. Swipe to unlock the phone to the home screen.

As I am a Droid owner and not a Droid X owner, i hope a Droid X owner will provide a better answer.

Boot sequence on the Droid: Big M symbol, boot animation, home screen.

BUMP.

harrellj

Reaction score
The battery indicator, was it white text on a black screen?

OP
J

jrk

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses

Black and green if I can remember. I held down the power button and got the options to turn the phone off along with others. I chose to power down the phone. Once completely powered down, I hit the power button with out any length of time and then saw the green and black battery indicator. Could it be I was simply not holding the power button down long enough to actually turn the phone back on?

harrellj

Reaction score
Potentially, but it also kinda sounds like you managed to get into the bootloader (usually accomplished by holding up + power).