boot loop? system wont load after SPR installed

neogenetik

Reaction score
hey guys. i was trying to update my phone and install Sprecov and it never compelted and froze. i tried to reboot and then my battery sign was red and crossed out and my phone just constantly started rebooting on itself. it was fully charged and everything. i tried to wipe everything off and do the same but nothing is working?

what should i do any suggestions?
i try to install another rom but it says there is no such file or even sdcard directory? any help please?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey guys. i was trying to update my phone and install Sprecov and it never compelted and froze. i tried to reboot and then my battery sign was red and crossed out and my phone just constantly started rebooting on itself. it was fully charged and everything. i tried to wipe everything off and do the same but nothing is working?

what should i do any suggestions?
i try to install another rom but it says there is no such file or even sdcard directory? any help please?

Well, it sounds like you can still boot into recovery. Restore the back up you made.

You did make a back up, correct?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also please don't cross post. Your other thread was deleted.

OP
N

neogenetik

Reaction score
sorry about that post i tried to delete it. for the backup. i think i backed it up but everytime i backed it up it goes back to the same screen and loops. i did factory reset also now because i thought that would work. but it didnt. i have backup files from when i backed up when i had Clockwork. is there a way to restore those backup files?

mgrover1

Reaction score
the link was dead but if in spr you mount your sd card to the computer and and transfer the zip file you can then you can flash it

Last edited:

igorberd

Reaction score
Loop reboot

Sorry for the dead link . Here what I did up to step 7:
1) Reboot into recovery (ClockworkMod Preferepably)

NOTE: If you haven't already done a backup...do one now. I always perform my backups via ROM Manager so I can properly label my backups. If you need to do a backup at this point it will work exactly the same way but it names your backup with time and date information (you can rename the file later)

Here's how to create a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery
From the main recovery screen, go to: Nandroid and then select "Backup"

2) Select "wipe data/factory reset" - This will actually format your Data, Cache, and SD-ext partitions

3) Go into the "partitions menu"

4) Format "Boot"

5) Format "System"

6) Go back to the main screen (power button backs you out to the previous menu)

7) Install zip from sdcard

8) Choose zip from sdcard
?
9) navigate to where you have stored the zip file and select it (no need to rename the file)

I am stuck at Clockwork Recovery main green screen and don't know where to go now
Also I was wandering can I do download from ROM manager?

Last edited:

mgrover1

Reaction score
ok from the main green screen in clockwork select partitions menu then select mount usb storage then you can transfer the file and you can flash it as you normally would