DarkEdge boot loop

Noswweat

Reaction score
I have a rooted 2.1 moto droid running clockwork using
Release: DarkEdge Themes from Mrbobrowitz and Team Chaos | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
i noticed the new 2.2 was out and i followed the instructions on
Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
after flashing back to sprecovery following the instructions i attempted to reboot my phone, but now all i have is the DarkEdge logo boot loop and i cannot access my phone besides sprecover. and even after i select factory reset my phone still ends up at the DarkEdge logo boot loop. any suggestions?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need to do a data wipe of your phone before flashing Froyo. I came from Dark Edge. Did a data/factory reset (twice to be safe) and then flashed the Froyo ROM from MDW.

Everything went swimmingly :)

OP
N

Noswweat

Reaction score
i data wiped/cache wiped around 20 times now. and still nothing. it will hit the DarkEdge boot logo do it's normal cycle. then when the phone ussually does the little vibrate it just resets the darkedge boot animation and repeats that. only thing i can access on the phone is sprecovery and even that isn't helping me at the moment

OP
N

Noswweat

Reaction score
i'm a stupid i was panicing all that i needed to do was re install my update.zip thanks for the concern anyways