Boot.img

Castro

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to obtain the D2G's boot.img? I upgraded from a D1 and I used to get it by backing it up from clockworkmod, but when I do a backup on the D2G it doesn't back up boot.img.

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
When I run the command #cat /proc/mtd I don't get all the information I get on the d1 in order to pull the boot.img. When I run #cat /prod/partitions I get the info I need but don't know how to pull the boot.img then.

leobg

Reaction score
Isn't boot.img part of the SBF? Maybe you can get it from there? What are you trying to achieve actually?

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
Well I'm not even sure if it is possible, but I'm TRYING lol to see if somehow I can get some or all of the MIUI ROM on to the D2G.

wilboy

Reaction score
Well I'm not even sure if it is possible, but I'm TRYING lol to see if somehow I can get some or all of the MIUI ROM on to the D2G.
Nope it's not possible man...tried that one too w/ no luck,even bootanimation that comes w/ my D1..have had bootlooping.Good i didn't brick my phone!Try and error is hard for D2G ya know...but hey we have had an SBF anyway!!:)

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
Anything is possible though lol I'm gonna keep trying...

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
Isn't boot.img part of the SBF? Maybe you can get it from there? What are you trying to achieve actually?

I've tried but I have no idea how to open and or explore the sbf file. Any ideas?