Boot animations

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
I'm using alpha and its not seeming to be revieling what I need, gonna figure this freaking thing out! Thanks for your patience and suggestions too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm using alpha and its not seeming to be revieling what I need, gonna figure this freaking thing out! Thanks for your patience and suggestions too

You can download either Root Explorer (my choice) or Astro File Manager from the market. R.E. is a couple of bucks, and worth the investment. Astro has both a free and paid version, but I don't know if you can do what you need to do with Astro. I'm not familiar with "alpha", so I can't advise you on that program.

Good luck! :)

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I use the app, "Absolute System." I got it because I like to change the fonts, (prior to liberty 2) and they have about 40 different boot animations that you can add.

I can't remember if it was free or not though.

(First post, although I lurk all the time.)

Lurking is fine. I lurked for quiet awhile before I made my first post. :)

-Mike

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
I got RE and that worked perfect, the boot animation I chose got cut off in middle of it cuz phone loads up faster then wherever this came from...sucks, are there anymore that I could test out?

smark22

Reaction score
just thought I'd also point out that I believe you can change boot animations through liberty toolbox
Liberty Tweaks -> Manage Boot Animation -> Install bootanimation.zip on SD

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I got RE and that worked perfect, the boot animation I chose got cut off in middle of it cuz phone loads up faster then wherever this came from...sucks, are there anymore that I could test out?

Any more bootanimations? Oh yes, they're all *over* the place, both here and on other Forums. Take a look at Spinning Droid X custom boot animation for starters. Then see http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/boot-animations/

-Mike

Last edited:

EM74

Reaction score
Hey man.....so whats good with this? Im trying to make some sick boot animations also. I know nothing about to be honest, but gathering knowledge to create some cool ****. I downloaded gimp and started stumbling through it....having problems getting it to a .bin file?? i think.

Where you at with this? Any progress or pointers you care to share to make some sick animations?

D2G Liberty 2.0

OP
QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
i am actually new to it myself .bin? you got me confused. but as a reference i would point you to a tutorial that will give you the information of what is needed. the rest is upto you having an artistic eye also look for gimp plugins there is tons of them and good luck.

Create Custom Boot Animation For Rooted Droid [How To]

EM74

Reaction score
Nice...thanks for the tips.....yeah, .bin file which is what JRummy's Boot logo changer software uses. Now i also just realized that boot logo and boot animations are two separate things...i think. Im obviously still learning what the hell im talking about.

I purchased the JRummy root tools which has some alternative boot animations also....but im looking to step up the animations to some sick skull with a scream or a startup sound....i just want more than some android image with a streak of light....im thinking more along the lines of sick and badass, not just cool and pretty.

Im gonna check out that link and see whats good.

D2G Liberty 2.0

OP
QUAGMIRE

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
its cool man we all started somewhere i am no where near as intelligent with android stuff as jrummy. he has been around a very long time and has a lot of respect in this community i am pretty sure if you ask him and he has time he would assist where he can.

on another note celtics pride is now available for d/l the person that requested it i cant seem to cross paths with at moment and a couple other people wanted the current so i edited the original post including d/l