[BOOT ANIMATION] - Transformer 2 Optimus Fatality -

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
I just tryed the transformers one and it worked. So my question now is before I move the gears one do I need to uncheck the boxes for the transformers one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

joeyx2

Reaction score
I use root explore to change bootanimations. Its in data>local there should only be one bootanimation.zip in there an it needs to be "bootanimation.zip"

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
I use root explore to change bootanimations. Its in data>local there should only be one bootanimation.zip in there an it needs to be "bootanimation.zip"

Ok so just to be clear I should delete the first one out of data>local and then move the new "bootanimation.zip"

OP
draken.i78

draken.i78

Reaction score
Ok I had the transformers one installed last night and used root manager to do it well I tryed it with the gears one and now its just a black screen after the m logo! How do I fix it? Im new to the boot animation switching stuff

I just tryed the transformers one and it worked. So my question now is before I move the gears one do I need to uncheck the boxes for the transformers one?

The Gears of War Animation is Flashable zip thats probably you got a black screen instead of the animation.......

this is an updated file click here to download.
once the file is downloaded to thefollow :

1. copy/move the whatever-name-animation.zip file to your SDcard (DON'T NEED TO RENAME IT leave as it is)
2. Reboot into CLOCKWORKMod Recovery
3. goto " Install Zip from SDCard "
4. goto " Choose Zip from SDcard "
5. goto where you have the animation zip file (i have a folder just for this named Boot-Animations)
6. highlight the animation you want and press the camera key
7. Install the Animation.
8. Press Back key.
9. then " Reboot system now "

and enjoy your NEW BootAnimation on your Droid.

hope that helps

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Ok I had the transformers one installed last night and used root manager to do it well I tryed it with the gears one and now its just a black screen after the m logo! How do I fix it? Im new to the boot animation switching stuff

The Gears of War Animation is Flashable zip thats probably you got a black screen instead of the animation.......

this is an updated file click here to download.
once the file is downloaded to thefollow :

1. copy/move the whatever-name-animation.zip file to your SDcard (DON'T NEED TO RENAME IT leave as it is)
2. Reboot into CLOCKWORKMod Recovery
3. goto " Install Zip from SDCard "
4. goto " Choose Zip from SDcard "
5. goto where you have the animation zip file (i have a folder just for this named Boot-Animations)
6. highlight the animation you want and press the camera key
7. Install the Animation.
8. Press Back key.
9. then " Reboot system now "

and enjoy your NEW BootAnimation on your Droid.

hope that helps

I have tryed it 4 time and it keeps telling me can't install gears_of_war_bootanimation.zip (bad)

OP
draken.i78

draken.i78

Reaction score
that's weird i have just download and Flash that ZIP (this one) and work perfect ...... did you flash it through CLOCKWORK RECOVERY???

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
that's weird i have just download and Flash that ZIP (this one) and work perfect ...... did you flash it through CLOCKWORK RECOVERY???

Yes I used clockwork recovery, I even looked up a video to make sure I was doing it right, and wrote down the steps u posted, its driving me nut lol.

Ill try again and let u no what happenes

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
It didn't work :(

This is exactly what it said:
-- installing: SDcard: boot-animation/Gears_of_wars_bootanimation.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E: Can't open /sdcard/ boot-animation/ Gears_of_wars_bootanimation.zip
(Bad)
Installation aborted

Is there a way u could make it like the transformers one that will work on root explorer?

OP
draken.i78

draken.i78

Reaction score
that's very weird..... for real it is....well thats easy you already have the file on your Computer...
- just UNZIP Gears_of_wars_bootanimation.zip....
- then you'll see 2 Folders "DATA" & "META-INF"
- go to the folder " DATA "
- then goto " LOCAL " there you'll see "bootanimation.zip"
- move/copy that file to your SDcard and to the process using ROOT EXPLORER

lemme know how it goes

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
that's very weird..... for real it is....well thats easy you already have the file on your Computer...
- just UNZIP Gears_of_wars_bootanimation.zip....
- then you'll see 2 Folders "DATA" & "META-INF"
- go to the folder " DATA "
- then goto " LOCAL " there you'll see "bootanimation.zip"
- move/copy that file to your SDcard and to the process using ROOT EXPLORER

lemme know how it goes

Well I don't have a computer at the moment, and it wont let me unzip it on my phone. Ima stick with the transformers one for right now its still hella raw.

And thank you, u and everyone in this forum has bennett alot of help.

OP
draken.i78

draken.i78

Reaction score
use ANDROZIP you can unzip the file using that program on you phone... check the market under that name

Dmiller2007

Reaction score
is there any chance that it isn't letting him install it because he already has a bootanimation.zip file in his data/local folder? or could it have been an unsuccesful download?

OP
draken.i78

draken.i78

Reaction score
is there any chance that it isn't letting him install it because he already has a bootanimation.zip file in his data/local folder? or could it have been an unsuccesful download?

the Zip file is flashable to data/local NOT to system/media so i really doubt thats his problem and my guess here is UNSUCCESSFUL DOWNLOAD im 100% sure that his problem....

CID KHAOS said:
It still wont let me install androzip! Are there any other apps that will work?

Download again this file Gears of War -Flashable-DATA zip- and FLASH IT through Clockwork recovery probably the zip you have right now is corrupted or Unsuceeful download