BOOOOM!!! Unboxing of HTC Incredible!

jasonb

Reaction score
i think i am going to get it.

right now i have a rooted and overclocked droid, but i hate having to worry about the thing getting hot and possibly burning up. i like that the incredible is 1gz stock. this way it'll be fast like my phone is now, probably even faster. but i won't have to constantly watch my cpu temp and worry about it getting hot which it really does quite often. there is no way in hell i could go back to a stock 550mhz droid. custom roms are nice and all but when i tried the sense rom i was immediately very impressed with sense and i think i would be perfectly happy with it.

the sense rom for the droid is nice, but still is very buggy. no calls on 3g, rosie won't stay in memory. i think i just want a beast of a phone that i won't need to hack to be happy with. i'm not 100% decided yet, but i am going to go look at it on launch day and very possibly could come home with one. used droids are selling for 250 and up on ebay, so i may do it.

xdxdaustin

Reaction score

right now i have a rooted and overclocked droid, but i hate having to worry about the thing getting hot and possibly burning up. i like that the incredible is 1gz stock. this way it'll be fast like my phone is now, probably even faster. but i won't have to constantly watch my cpu temp and worry about it getting hot which it really does quite often. there is no way in hell i could go back to a stock 550mhz droid. custom roms are nice and all but when i tried the sense rom i was immediately very impressed with sense and i think i would be perfectly happy with it.

the sense rom for the droid is nice, but still is very buggy. no calls on 3g, rosie won't stay in memory. i think i just want a beast of a phone that i won't need to hack to be happy with. i'm not 100% decided yet, but i am going to go look at it on launch day and very possibly could come home with one. used droids are selling for 250 and up on ebay, so i may do it.

The calls issue is being fixed this weekend and you must not have it set up right if rosie is doin that as it never does that for me

jasonb

Reaction score

The calls issue is being fixed this weekend and you must not have it set up right if rosie is doin that as it never does that for me

i couldn't get the scripts to work, i don't know if that was supposed to fix rosie. i had other issues as well. it would go from lightning fast to completely locked up out of nowhere. i tried the rom twice with complete data wipes both times.

xdxdaustin

Reaction score

i couldn't get the scripts to work, i don't know if that was supposed to fix rosie. i had other issues as well. it would go from lightning fast to completely locked up out of nowhere. i tried the rom twice with complete data wipes both times.

Oh, but now we have elmimnited the need for scripts and everything. Its pretty much seem less

jasonb

Reaction score

Oh, but now we have elmimnited the need for scripts and everything. Its pretty much seem less

what was i doing wrong then? if i didn't have to do the scripts then the rest of the install was pretty routine wasn't it? why was rosie being dropped from memory every time i opened then closed another app?

your 2.6 was the version i tried by the way.

pepsi149

Reaction score
just got back from a friends place.....he has the incredible....and all i can say is its purty....small..clean...lite...and fast as all hell....but a droid it is not.....i love the phone but im stickin with droid....might wait till dell thunder is availible.....it looks pretty sick...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
just got back from a friends place.....he has the incredible....and all i can say is its purty....small..clean...lite...and fast as all hell....but a droid it is not.....i love the phone but im stickin with droid....might wait till dell thunder is availible.....it looks pretty sick...

A Dell phone will probably be just as crappy as their computers. Thats like HP trying to come out with a phone. It just wont go well lol. I could be wrong but i don't think a Dell phone will be any good.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

How will you get a Dell phone onto the Verizon network? I haven't seen a phone yet that you can put on Verizon that isn't bought from their system of phones.

GodDriven

Reaction score

How will you get a Dell phone onto the Verizon network? I haven't seen a phone yet that you can put on Verizon that isn't bought from their system of phones.

Hey I just got my incredible..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...discussions/39994-droid-incredible-hands.html :icon_ banana:

Thanks MODS.. I wanted to post and have it seen for all.. This thing is nuts.. Extremely nuts..

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...discussions/39994-droid-incredible-hands.html :icon_ banana:

Thanks MODS.. I wanted to post and have it seen for all.. This thing is nuts.. Extremely nuts..

I hate you. :D

GodDriven

Reaction score

I hate you. :D

LoL Its all love.. You'll get too.. It's incredible for sure.. I do say that.. I caught myself saying, baby pass me my droid..

You'll see why.. It's just like it but souped the hell up..

ShowTime

Reaction score
This is honestly the first thread/review/video/etc for any new phone I've looked at since getting my Droid. I just never really see the point. I'm not going to go out and replace my new phone, so it would only serve to drive me crazy about what I "could have". I'm the same way with all big purchases though (car, tv, etc... once I pick one, I stick with it and don't bother continuing to look). That said, I sauntered into this thread and skimmed through most of the vid. Looks neat and pretty slick, but I'm still satisfied with my choice at the time for Droid. We'll see what's out there in 2 years...

GodDriven

Reaction score
This is honestly the first thread/review/video/etc for any new phone I've looked at since getting my Droid. I just never really see the point. I'm not going to go out and replace my new phone, so it would only serve to drive me crazy about what I "could have". I'm the same way with all big purchases though (car, tv, etc... once I pick one, I stick with it and don't bother continuing to look). That said, I sauntered into this thread and skimmed through most of the vid. Looks neat and pretty slick, but I'm still satisfied with my choice at the time for Droid. We'll see what's out there in 2 years...

And I still support your peace.. ++1..

Nicely put..

CatsTide

Reaction score
just a little advice....don't read the forums at all after 4/29 :)