Bookmarks

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Just purchased the Droid X. I use xmarks for all my browsers and also have them synced with google bookmarks.

I downloaded DolphinHD. I can't seem to find a way to sync all my bookmarks (into their appropriate folders).

Tried Bookmarks SD (didn't work) as well as the google one (with the gold star). No go...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IIRC Dolphin prompted me to ask if I wanted to import previous book marks and I said yes.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
So, your dolphin program is the paid version? I had a blackberry before this so... what bookmark program are you using and thanks for taking the time to reply to my query.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, your dolphin program is the paid version? I had a blackberry before this so... what bookmark program are you using and thanks for taking the time to reply to my query.

Nope, I had the ad version. I say had because I don't use it anymore but it was only about a month ago. In the set up it prompted me to except bookmarks. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if you don't get this.

I could be wrong…..But that's what i remember. If it doesn't work that way then I found it somewhere in the settings.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that still no go... maybe I have to star ALL the bookmarks in google bookmarks not just the folders? What are you using now if I may ask?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that still no go... maybe I have to star ALL the bookmarks in google bookmarks not just the folders? What are you using now if I may ask?

I'm using the stock app now, but I'm a bit confused. I thought you were talking about moving bookmarks from one browser to another….Which I think you are….But you are talking about bookmarks from your computer? Off another browser?.

That doesn't work. You do have to set them up individually initially. It comes with a bunch of suggested bookmarks.

So when you say all the Google book marks I'm not sure I'm following you and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
It's ok, I'm new to android anyway.

I have bookmarks synced both by xmarks (amongst all my browsers mainly chrome and firefox). I also have my bookmarks synced with the feature in chrome that syncs my bookmarks into a folder in google docs.

Both programs (Bookmarks SD and GoMarks for Google Bookmarks) aren't working.

Does that make sense. Let me uninstall dolphin and the previously mentioned apps and I'll try once more). I am using dolphinHD so not sure if that makes a difference but I tried it on dolphin the first time (the non HD app).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's ok, I'm new to android anyway.

I have bookmarks synced both by xmarks (amongst all my browsers mainly chrome and firefox). I also have my bookmarks synced with the feature in chrome that syncs my bookmarks into a folder in google docs.

Both programs (Bookmarks SD and GoMarks for Google Bookmarks) aren't working.

Does that make sense. Let me uninstall dolphin and the previously mentioned apps and I'll try once more). I am using dolphinHD so not sure if that makes a difference but I tried it on dolphin the first time (the non HD app).

OK now I see what you're doing. You're working with apps from the Market.

OK, have you tried google the apps and see if there is a developers page for specific instructions. GoMarks looks like it's best but for Dolphin I'd try the Dolphin one

Since I've never used the apps I'm not experienced with it. If you don't get help here I can move you over to the apps section where you might get some additional information. Just let me know.

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
It's all good... sorry to confuse. New to this forum as well, this is the best way to learn anyway... Have a great day. Cheers.

Scott

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
OK, I got it to work, but the only thing it synced (dolphin and Bookmarks SD) was a favorite from my google maps. Errrr. Moving over to the apps place. Thanks man!

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Bookmarks Issue

Just purchased the Droid X. I use xmarks for all my browsers and also have them synced with google bookmarks (on chrome).

I downloaded DolphinHD. I can't seem to find a way to sync all my bookmarks.

Tried Bookmarks SD and the only thing that is syncing is a favorite from google maps... also tried the GoMarks for Google bookmarks and didn't get anything with that one.

Had this on another thread, didn't realize there were different topic areas so I apologize for cross threading. New to Droid coming from a blackberry).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread merged, let's let them see what we were talking about previously.;)

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Thanks again... hoping for someone else to come in and help out here! :)

OP
F

FunkUSMCRet

Reaction score
Yes, that's one of them, along with GoMarks for Google, and I just tried this as well... http://www.rerware.com/MyBookmarks/default.aspx it worked but I can't find the bookmarks now, lol. PLUS it downloaded them all (and not in the folders I have them stored in). Nevertheless, it doesn't matter, I can't find them. LOL