Blurry Camera on Froyo 2.2

xlovergirl

Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue of blurry camera photos on Froyo? I've set the focus to auto and it's still blurry. The camera is in focus only if the subject is about 3 inches away.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there a fix?

713King

Reaction score
try to do a factory reset and if that does not work take it to the store so a tech can see it, and be able to give you a replacement if it is defective

Edit: Also before you restore, make sure to save your applications so you wont have to redownload if they dont sync. Use Astro app manager thats free or MyBackUpPro witch cost 4 dollars but backs up your data, text, apps, and many other things I highly recommend MyBackUpPro

Last edited:
OP
X

xlovergirl

Reaction score
But won't they charge me for a replacement even if it's defective. I've seen a few people have the same problem. But no solution or explanation of the blurry camera. It was working fine until 4 days ago. I've had this phone since March.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, wipe the camera lens with a cloth.

If you go to the store with your Droid, make sure you are on stock and not 2.2.

OP
X

xlovergirl

Reaction score
I've downgraded to 2.0.1 and 2.1 and still blurry focusing. I've re-rooted and installed BB .4 ROM which was originally what was installed when the blurry focusing started happening. Well, it still was blurry, until I installed Vignette and Camera 360. Now the android camera is focusing perfectly. I'm not sure if it was the apps I downloaded that made a difference. I haven't tried uninstalling Vignette or Camera 360 app yet to see if it'll go back to a blurry focus. But when I do I will post my results.

plenoz

Reaction score
hi

i'm having same problem too and i'm frustated how to solved it, even my phone still in warranty it impossible for me to bring it back to the store :D

i'll try use the application Vignette and Camera 360, hopefully it could solve my problem too

OP
X

xlovergirl

Reaction score
You can try my previous method, but now it's still having the problem. It comes and goes. It sucks really. Now I'm just waiting for my upgrade so I can upgrade to the Droid X.

OP
X

xlovergirl

Reaction score
There was a couple times I half pressed the camera button over and over and it fixed the blurryness. But lately that hasn't been working for me either. It works when it works and it doesn't when it doesn't and I've learned to live with it until my upgrade. *sigh*

plenoz

Reaction score
@xlovegirl

i notice in my droid, when i depress the button it seems the camera bracket didn't change the color from white to green, the transition from white to red only, doesn't become green as the picture is taken.
i think my droid have problem in autofocus machine, how about yours ?

i hope any experts can give advice to solved our problem :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two people have said wipe it with a cloth. I'll make it 3. Can I hear 4?;)

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

plenoz

Reaction score
Two people have said wipe it with a cloth. I'll make it 3. Can I hear 4?;)

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

thanks hookbill for the response.

yes i already did it firstly before i bring this issue to the google and to this forum :( the result still same.

though i wont give up to solved it :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

plenoz

Reaction score
wow its great , i'll try it all

thanks for your help :)

:blackdroid::greendroid::reddroid: