Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875 failed

flatriv

Reaction score
Phone was doing a download and only gets to a certain point. Try to do factory reset and gives me error about installation unsuccessful for the blur_version.5.9.905.xt875 and reset says complete but won't restore phone. Verizon sent a new phone because they said there's nothing that can be done, but I NEED to get my phone back because it has all the kids' pictures on it because the SD card didn't back up. I read that the factory reset wouldn't delete internal memory or SD card...is this true? How can I get my phone up and going again when reset won't work? Should I download this update to my new phone's SD card and then put back into this crashed one? Where do I find the update link?

OP
F

flatriv

Reaction score
Phone was doing a download and only gets to a certain point. Try to do factory reset and gives me error about installation unsuccessful for the blur_version.5.9.905.xt875 and reset says complete but won't restore phone. Verizon sent a new phone because they said there's nothing that can be done, but I NEED to get my phone back because it has all the kids' pictures on it because the SD card didn't back up. I read that the factory reset wouldn't delete internal memory or SD card...is this true? How can I get my phone up and going again when reset won't work? Should I download this update to my new phone's SD card and then put back into this crashed one? Where do I find the update link?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Yes a factory reset will erase the internal storage.

You have two choices at this point.
1. Go to the link in my signature & do 246 FXZ ics install & this will bring your phone to the current ICS But you need to read the thread & do like one of the other posters did & modify the file by removing the lines of code that erase the internal sd card before flashing it. This is really very simple.

2. Find the House Of Bionic thread, read through the process & FAQ so you are familiar with what you want to achieve by not erasing the internal storage & use HOB to do the flash process to 246 for you.

When you are done & have your photos back you need to move them to the SD card or onto a computer & go into settings for the camera & storage and change the default location to the external SD card.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
See your other post.