Does a factory reset unroot the bionic?

rjcapp

Reaction score
Does a factory reset unroot the bionic out of 4ever root?
How can I be 100% sure the SD CARD is wiped?
Will future OTAs' install?

I was 4ever rooted with the 5.5.893 OTA and performed the factory reset under privacy.
(I checked "Erase internal storage media area" and "Erase SD card")

I performed this operation and In settings / about phone it kept System version 5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

superuser is gone!

Thank you droid forum!

Reaction score
No, it doesn't unroot the phone, but it does erase all user-installed apps, of which su is one. Just reinstall it from the market and you should be good to go.

BindiBoop

Reaction score
No, it doesn't unroot the phone, but it does erase all user-installed apps, of which su is one. Just reinstall it from the market and you should be good to go.
Will a factory reset wipe my SD card? I have to do a FS on my Charge today, but I don't want to lose all the data on my sd card. I pulled the card just in case but it wont let me do the reset without the card mounted.

Galaxy

Reaction score
When you do a factory reset it doesn't wipe your sd. It even says that but it doesn't unroot your phone.

Sent from my Ally

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
Thank you.

I gave the Bionic to the wife. Verizon made the switch. After everyones help here I downloaded superuser and yes 4ever root really works. Set her up with titanium backup and rom manager for the future........ including some other goodies.....

I transfered the 32 GB sd from the bolt to her bionic!! :biggrin:

again you guys rock!!!!!!!!!