Blur?

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Been trying to decide which rom to try our but not sure of only one thing. What is the difference in blurred and blurredless rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blur is the Motorola skin that goes over top of android. So a blur-less Rom would be closer to vanilla android. Usually this means better performance and is also largely a preference thing.

tappin and a talkin

turdbogls

Reaction score
if you want the stock messaging app, stock launcher, stock dialer, stock e-mail app, stock camera, DLNA, HDMI output, stock gallery, you should stick with a blurred ROM.

you really have to check them out for yourself. i would try out liberty 1.5 since that seems to be the blurless ROM of choice around here (even tho i had issues with it) and Apex 1.4.1 (which i am running now) and see if you like one better than the other.

blurless does seem to be a little faster, but Blur ROMs have always gotten much better battery life for me and they always work better for me.

stevendbrady

Reaction score
+1 on the stability with Blur ROMs. Not 100% stable for me, but much better than the blurless options out there.

Plus, if you use Exchange E-mail, you'll find that stock can kill your battery, but Blur is much more pleasant on it.

wmedina1991

Reaction score
I prefer blur roms. For stability and I just like blur... sry I do.

My fav blur rom is rubix blurry.

Flyz is good. But birdman no longer supports it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Rubix is the best blur ROM,imo. Liberty was unstable on my phone,and horrible battery life,again rubix 2.0focused, far and away the fastest,most stable rom on my phone,and great battery life too!

ck3jr

Reaction score
I have had a Moto X2 for a couple months and I keep seeing peeps talk about Blur, what is it and how do I turn it on or off and will I save battery life by turning it off?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Blur is Motorolas skin, or overlay, for Android. Just like HTC has Sense, and Samsung has TouchWiz.
You can't turn it off really. But you can use a different launcher(aka home replacement) and that disables Blur more or less.

end of line...