Bluetooth Voice Quality

tipopilota

Reaction score
I currently have a Jawbone II headset and just got my Droid a couple days ago. My wife keeps on saying that when she calls me that my voice is very echoy. is this a common issue w/ the Droid, or is there something I need to try to do to possibly fix this issue. Other then this, the phone is great, but because I live off my bluetooth headset this is a big issue for me.

souljerr

Reaction score
I had a major problem with the Jawbone II and my previous phone Treo700w but it works perfect with the Droid. I was at the point where I was going to buy a new headset if it didn't work. Maybe try pairing again to see if clears up issue.

OP
T

tipopilota

Reaction score
Yeah tried that just now and no change.. it is odd.. if noise cancelling is on, the sound is horrible, however if I turn noise cancelling off during the call it seems better.. Very odd... I am trying a factory reset now to see if that changes anything..

souljerr

Reaction score
Now that you say that, I do have noise cancelling off. My wife and kids say it sounds pretty good when I use it now. Still doesn't pick up a lot of the background.

OP
T

tipopilota

Reaction score
How do you turn it off permanently?? I know once you make a call doesn't it go back on automatically???

OP
T

tipopilota

Reaction score
Ok, just did a factory reset and still the same poor quality with the noise cancelling on.. Is there a way to turn off the noise cancelling all the time on the headset?? Or just by call?? Any why is this happening w/ the Droid where it worked great w/ my BB curve?

souljerr

Reaction score
From the Jawbone website --
By default, the Noise Shield is active on your Jawbone. When you turn it off during an active call, the Noise Shield will automatically be activated whenever the next call is received or placed. You can turn the Noise Shield on and off only during an active call.
To determine whether the Noise Shield is on or off, press and hold the Noise Shield button for three seconds.