Bluetooth voice dialing

sturgl

Reaction score
...Or I ignore calls coming in.
I can pick up incoming calls by pushing the appropriate button on my bluetooth. While the lack of bluetooth voice dialing is a horrific oversight, you should indeed be able to receive calls on your Incredible without taking your eyes off the road.

Beyond that we'll just have to wait and see how long it takes HTC to integrate Froyo with Sense, and push out Froyo - or get another phone.

Side note: my DI went crashing to the ceramic floor from a height of about 4.5 feet this morning. My DI doesn't wear protection. No damage, no problems at all.

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
@MiXoLoGiSt
How can you even say well when froyo comes out.. yadda yadda. That's like saying well when your prince charming comes to rescue you you'll live happily ever after. That's right like in a fairy tale. I want facts not promises. Iphone will come out with a better phone in the meantime. I should have gone with IPhone afterall. At least they don't make promises and not come through. I will eat my words when bluetooth works fully functional. thank u

rosariorose9

Reaction score
For now i use HF voice Dialer, which i think is a great app and is the closest thing we droid users get to the real thing for now...

Read HFVD's FAQ, but not totally clear as to how you use this app. Would be VERY appreciative if you'd walk me through how you use this to initiate/answer a telephone conversation.

Thanks so much.

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
Hf Dialer

There is a free trial on the market to download. It is not hands free though. But works fine. As stated in my earlier post. You have to first look and touch the icon on your screen. Once you have it will speak out loud for directions of what you would like to do. Then you confirm it and it will dial out. As far as answering calls; you have to touch the screen to accept a call and then the blue-tooth will work. However you will not be able to hang up by touching your blue-tooth. You will either have to wait for the other person to hang up or you will have to pull over if in your car and end the call by touching the screen again. This is a great app if you don't like holding your phone to your ear. However, I highly advise not using this while driving.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
@MiXoLoGiSt
How can you even say well when froyo comes out.. yadda yadda. That's like saying well when your prince charming comes to rescue you you'll live happily ever after. That's right like in a fairy tale. I want facts not promises. Iphone will come out with a better phone in the meantime. I should have gone with IPhone afterall. At least they don't make promises and not come through. I will eat my words when bluetooth works fully functional. thank u

Because it IS coming out lol. HTC has already confirmed that the Incredible is going to be one of the first HTC devices to have Froyo. If you think you should have gone with the iPhone then I'm sorry to hear that and sorry you feel that way but not every phone is going to meet your expectations and there will be something you don't like in any phone. If you are still within 30 days you can go return your Incredible and pick up the iPhone. Google or any Manufacturer never promised ANY android phone is Bluetooth Voice Dial capable, they just said its Bluetooth capable and it is so I'm not really sure what Promise you are talking about that they didn't keep!

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Sprung the $4 (man I LOVE how cheap the apps are) for Voice Dialer HD and gotta say that, so far, it's terrific. Melded seamlessly with my BlueAnt, so now the dialing is handled by VD HD and the speaking is handled by bluetooth. Excellent voice recognition -hasn't messed up a number so far. Until HTC handles the issue, this will certainly do...

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Nexus and Droid both have Froyo available, and BT voicedial works great. Only a matter of time until it's available for Incredible too. The iDont is not a better phone than the Droid, let alone the Incredible. Flash makes a huge difference in user experience, and Jobs will not provide Flash to his flock. Once you get the Froyo update, you will be set. Battery life should improve quite a bit as well.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Nexus and Droid both have Froyo available, and BT voicedial works great. Only a matter of time until it's available for Incredible too. The iDont is not a better phone than the Droid, let alone the Incredible. Flash makes a huge difference in user experience, and Jobs will not provide Flash to his flock. Once you get the Froyo update, you will be set. Battery life should improve quite a bit as well.

My name is MiXoLoGiSt and i approve this message :icon_ banana:

kmo

Reaction score
I agree with Gadget_Queen re: the bluetooth feature, it's definitely a sore subject with a lot of people including me. Not enough to send me over to the dark side (iphone/Apple) though. Then I'd be stuck inside Apple's little boxed up world. If you've noticed the new iphone iOS4 has taken some cues from the latest Android devices, running multiple apps, better camera, the ring (antenna) wrapped around the phone to get better call quality etc. They still want to keep the platform closed to users on many features. If you're into the Apple experience and their fluff (not to say they don't have good devices) just saying they have a great marketing/launch team, then you'll be happy. I for one am tired of Apple talking things like, I'm paraphrasing, we're not just a tech company we're for humanity. What a bunch of crap, they are into taking our $$$$ just like all the other big companies in the Market are. Once again I am very glad I have my Incredible, and yes Prince Charming is coming sometime relatively soon. Not in the fairy tale but to the real world, haha. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Read on my twitter feed Inc is rooted now. Won't be long until there is a Froyo rom available.

Wintrmte

Reaction score
Sprung the $4 (man I LOVE how cheap the apps are) for Voice Dialer HD and gotta say that, so far, it's terrific. Melded seamlessly with my BlueAnt, so now the dialing is handled by VD HD and the speaking is handled by bluetooth. Excellent voice recognition -hasn't messed up a number so far. Until HTC handles the issue, this will certainly do...

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea this app existed!!!

dstonier

Reaction score
Just got the Droid 2 a week or two ago.. Im using the same bluetooth headset I used with my A855. When I press the button on the headset to initiate voice dialing it starts voice diailing, however the audio input and output is directed to the phone rather than the headset. Once I select a contact to call, audio is directed to the headset.

This seems to be unintuitive, and with the A855, all audio was directed to the headset once I pressed the button on the headset to initiate voice dialing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Highly doubt its my headset...

Thanks,
Dstones
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got the Droid 2 a week or two ago.. Im using the same bluetooth headset I used with my A855. When I press the button on the headset to initiate voice dialing it starts voice diailing, however the audio input and output is directed to the phone rather than the headset. Once I select a contact to call, audio is directed to the headset.

This seems to be unintuitive, and with the A855, all audio was directed to the headset once I pressed the button on the headset to initiate voice dialing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Highly doubt its my headset...

Thanks,
Dstones
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

No, that is the way it works. For example if you are using navigation and have your bluetooth headset on, navigation will come from the phone speaker. not your headset.