Bluetooth voice dialing

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
As much as can be said for working...yes.

Its not perfect, but its something. Try it and let me know what ya think.

its the 1.3.1 beta. Beta 3 is actually almost the final product.

I'm thinking a link in your sig might be handy. You thinking about getting involved with Rom Manager?

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Ah right on. Didn't realize that was you. Been running your Black Ice theme on BB.

Last edited:

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Moto Droid, Red Rum v1.3 from Rom Manager, Moto S305. Got last # dialed, and streaming music. No controls for the music in stock app, 3 by Fabrantes, or Astro Music, no voicedialing.

mjdonahue1371

Reaction score
In response to #24 - once the headset is paired, you can answer calls without touching the phone. Currently you can't press the MFB on the headset and get a "say a command" response from the phone like I had with my Moto Q and many other non-android based phones that don't have the Nuance feature. Due to state statues that require "hands free" while driving, you would think Google would have addressed this issue by now.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Moto Droid, Red Rum v1.3 from Rom Manager, Moto S305. Got last # dialed, and streaming music. No controls for the music in stock app, 3 by Fabrantes, or Astro Music, no voicedialing.

It requires the beta 1.3.1.

sturgl

Reaction score
bt voice dialing

Anyone know if this has been resolved in Froyo?

kmo

Reaction score
This is quoted from Android develpoers web page I was browsing that gave all the 2.2 features:

"Bluetooth"

* Voice dialing over Bluetooth
* Ability to share contacts with other phones
* Support for Bluetooth enabled car and desk docks
* Improved compatibility matrix with car kits and headsets

pastortommy

Reaction score
For those who are saying there is NO android phone that supports BT voice dialing, check out the Samsung Moment. Also, Froyo will bring BT voice dialing to us as well.

Too bad for us droid users though. :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those who are saying there is NO android phone that supports BT voice dialing, check out the Samsung Moment. Also, Froyo will bring BT voice dialing to us as well.

Too bad for us droid users though. :(

Froyo is bringing BT voice dialing. Why do you say too bad for "us" Droid owners? The Incredible and the Droid are both getting 2.2.

The international version of the Droid, the Milestone does already have bluetooth voice dialing. It is the only Android phone I know of that can do this. If you've got a link that says differently, lets see it. I was wrong about the Milestone, I could be wrong about the Moment.

Mark_Venture

Reaction score
The international version of the Droid, the Milestone does already have bluetooth voice dialing. It is the only Android phone I know of that can do this. If you've got a link that says differently, lets see it. I was wrong about the Milestone, I could be wrong about the Moment.
The Milestone didn't have it until its 2.1 upgrade... which included Nuance Vsuite.

The Moto Devour on Verizon had Nuance Vsuite included "out of the box"

If the Moment has BT Voice dialing via headset, its likely because Samsung also licensed/included Nuance.

I'm not sure if Froyo will have something created/done by Google, or Nuance for the Voice dialing.

Note: Nuance Vsuite is used on Blackberries, and various LG and Samsung feature phones available on Verizon. I'm sure its probably used by other devices as well.

pastortommy

Reaction score
Okay, i just read on engadget that Droid will get 2.2 in "near future." Of course we all know what "near future" means to Motorola too. ;) I am hoping in the nearer future droidmod comes out with a rom that includes BT voice dialing.

As far as moment goes: I am sure of it. My friend just got one a few weeks ago and I was jealous of his ability to voice dial over bluetooth. I checked it out on my jawbone icon and it worked perfectly.

For now i use HF voice Dialer, which i think is a great app and is the closest thing we droid users get to the real thing for now...

Gadget_Queen

Reaction score
here is the truth. You can use a bluetooth but only after dialing this includes looking at your phone and touching the phone to dial. Then you can maintain a convo however to hang up you will either have to wait for the other person to hang up or you will have to touch the phone and look at it to hang up. Just pray you don't hit anyone while doing it. My response to all of it and believe me i was livid. I pull over to make a call or get started. Or I ignore calls coming in.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
here is the truth. You can use a bluetooth but only after dialing this includes looking at your phone and touching the phone to dial. Then you can maintain a convo however to hang up you will either have to wait for the other person to hang up or you will have to touch the phone and look at it to hang up. Just pray you don't hit anyone while doing it. My response to all of it and believe me i was livid. I pull over to make a call or get started. Or I ignore calls coming in.

As said 2.2 Froyo will include bluetooth voice dialing so once this update comes out you wont have to worry about pulling over or anything. :)