Bluetooth problem with mac

maxohkc

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering how do i connect my mac book with my motorola droid with bluetooth im really confused and have looked everywhere to find out how. i have done the obvious stuff but still cant get it i press pair on my droid and something pops up on my computer and droid with a code i press yes. and then my computer says its connected but my droid says paired but not connected. Im really confused please help

camcrobe

Reaction score
I've had success with "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market place and my MacBook (running leopard). with the app running and the phone paired, I can browse and copy files to and from the CF card.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
yah that didnt work i just tried my computer says its connected but my phone says paired but not connected

camcrobe

Reaction score
Even though it's not "connected"-- with Bluetooth file transfer running on the droid, under the Bluetooth menu on the Mac, select browse device next to your phone's name.

OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
haha i know this sounds dumb but i just dont get it... i mean i can access my phone from my computer but i cant access it though my droid and im really trying to use bluetooth to tether using PDAnet. my phone still says paired but not connected

camcrobe

Reaction score
ah.. That's another matter. The "how to" on PDANet's website is pretty good. I believe you need to download the Mac application as well (free from their site). With both apps running, from the mac set up the phone as a modem from "set up device" and use 123 as phone number. Dial in through the network preference panel. I find, at least with my set up, that BT is much slower that the USB tether using pdanet.

[edit] I misspoke. For BT tether, you apparently don't need to have the app installed on your mac. I have it running in the background none the less

Last edited:
OP
M

maxohkc

Reaction score
ah.. That's another matter. The "how to" on PDANet's website is pretty good. I believe you need to download the Mac application as well (free from their site). With both apps running, from the mac set up the phone as a modem from "set up device" and use 123 as phone number. Dial in through the network preference panel. I find, at least with my set up, that BT is much slower that the USB tether using pdanet.

[edit] I misspoke. For BT tether, you apparently don't need to have the app installed on your mac. I have it running in the background none the less

WOW i am so sorry thankyou for your help i got it too work just fine i was just pressing some stupid stuff earlier and screwed everything up im sorry for wasting your time thanks for helping me so much. I got it i went through that tutorial thing online like 100 times on pdanet but just couldnt get it... i got it now thanks for telling me how to do it