Bluetooth Problem with GM Cars

ICEMAN 316

Reaction score
I'm having trouble keeping the bluetooth connected with my 2011 Camaro. It would connect for 30 secs then disconnect for 2 mins or so then reconnect and disconnect again after about 30 secs. Anybody know why this is happening? Thanks

bgrodski

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 2011 Chevy Equinox. Also, when it WAS connected, I could not get the voice dialer to work. If you go to gm.com/bluetooth you will see a list of compatible phones. There are several droid phones listed (not mine, the Thunderbolt). The phones that ARE listed say that Bluetooth Voice dialing is not supported. This is dumb since the point of connecting your phone to a car's Bluetooth is so that you can voice dial while driving rather than manually dialing.

bgrodski

Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth, I contacted GM customer/tech support. Their answer was to work through service department at the dealer to either 1.) get it resolved, or 2.) generate a tech support issue that (supposedly) gets run up the line to the GM techies. He pointed out that my Thunderbolt is not on the list of phones supported by my vehicle. The list can be found at gm.com/bluetooth. I pointed out that the list was rather short.

My Blackberry Tour worked fine in all regards on my 2011 Equinox. Then again, it IS on the list. I think someone, who knows how, can earn some $ by authoring an app that makes all Androids look like a compatible phone to all GM bluetooth equipped vehicles. I'd pay a few bucks for it!

Anyway, I'm back to using my Jawbone. It's worked flawlessly on every phone I've had since my Motorola Razr!

OP
I

ICEMAN 316

Reaction score
So I have a partial fix for this issue. Here's how you keep the Bluetooth connected to GM cars:

1. Delete prior Thunderbolt connections
2. Start a new pair
3. When the phone is paired with the car your Thunderbolt will ask If you want to connected the phone list (something like that forgot the exact wording)
4. Select "decline" and check be box that says "always" then click ok.

This will keep your phone connected with your car. It will not connected and disconnected anymore. The phone book was the problem. Only problem with this fix is you won't have your phone list on your car. You would have to dial from the thunderbolt. Let me know if this works for you guys.

sent from my VZW Thunderbolt 4G LTE

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Same here with my phone....had it connected to my 2011 wrangler U connect the first day and all was fine.
Now it won't pair up anymore...tried to delete and add again but still it stays on "connecting to device".
Verizon wants me to go to one of their stores and try to pair it with a Bluetooth headset to see if its the phones software or just a compatibility issue with the car...

OP
I

ICEMAN 316

Reaction score
Same here with my phone....had it connected to my 2011 wrangler U connect the first day and all was fine.
Now it won't pair up anymore...tried to delete and add again but still it stays on "connecting to device".
Verizon wants me to go to one of their stores and try to pair it with a Bluetooth headset to see if its the phones software or just a compatibility issue with the car...

Try to decline the address book sync. Thats what was causing my Camaro's bluetooth too act up. Now it's connecting fine and it stays connected with no issues. Only down side is that you have to dial from your phone because the car has no address book data.

BigNunz6

Reaction score

Try to decline the address book sync. Thats what was causing my Camaro's bluetooth too act up. Now it's connecting fine and it stays connected with no issues. Only down side is that you have to dial from your phone because the car has no address book data.

I'm gonna try that...but its still weird that the first time I paired it it was fine for a day...even the phonebook worked...thanks for the tip..

BigNunz6

Reaction score

You should go work for Verizon's tech dept....so I repaired and did the decline and it works...but the phone keeps asking to accept like every 30 seconds.
So I accepted but I do not use the automated phonebook like you said and its working!!
Thank you Iceman

wysts43

Reaction score
You should just buy a Ford and you wouldn't have these problems:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums