Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system

Reaction score
Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system...keeps going from connected to disconnected to connected to disconnected, etc. I've tried everything I can think of to try to get this to work and nothing. Droid Inc worked flawlessly. Bolt (actually all 3 bolts I've had, on the 3rd one!) won't stay connected to any bluetooth for more than a few seconds. Most importantly, it won't stay connected to my 2011 GMC Terrain.

I found this thread on Google. Seems like there are others with this issue but I haven't seen many posts about it on the forums.
HTC Thunderbolt Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands-free system - Google Mobile Help

Anyone else having this? Any ideas what is going on?
I'm seriously considering returning this phone (I keep going back and forth) and these issues are really making it hard to keep it.

TIA!

stuigi

Reaction score
Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system...keeps going from connected to disconnected to connected to disconnected, etc. I've tried everything I can think of to try to get this to work and nothing. Droid Inc worked flawlessly. Bolt (actually all 3 bolts I've had, on the 3rd one!) won't stay connected to any bluetooth for more than a few seconds. Most importantly, it won't stay connected to my 2011 GMC Terrain.

I found this thread on Google. Seems like there are others with this issue but I haven't seen many posts about it on the forums.
HTC Thunderbolt Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands-free system - Google Mobile Help

I'm seriously considering returning this phone (I keep going back and forth) and these issues are really making it hard to keep it.

TIA!

No, you're not alone. My moto headset does the sam thing. It seems to happen when certain apps are being launced. It's not the distance between the devices because I can walk quite a distance from the phone without a disconnect. Maybe there will be a patch

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mine wasn't disconnecting today. But...I did have a problem with my mort audiobooks not playing. In bluetooth settings my T505 had media and phone connected. But wouldn't play my book. I disconnected several times. Unpaired and repaired. No fix. While it did say connected still wasn't playing. I went into options. Un-selected media. Then re-selected. That fixed.:)

detmers

Reaction score

TIA!

Nope - I have the same issue with my Incredible/2011 Terrain. Connects once, then I get "paired but not connected" after the first use. Tried downloading BT fixes and other stuff - haven't found the answer yet, and other forums make me think I won't get it fixed until I get a different phone since it seems to be an HTC bluetooth design issue.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
Definitely not alone...same problem with my 2011 wrangler. I can pair them and it works fine until you leave the vehicle. Once you enter again it keeps searching or trying to connect to paired device. My old D1 and my wife's iphone pair and work with no problems...

zodder

Reaction score
Having issues as well. BT connects perfectly to phone every time, but the audio will not connect at all. My X and X2 worked flawlessly. I'm thinking about returning it now too, because BT audio is something I've gotten so used to I can't live without it now.

detmers

Reaction score
I took my home phone - an old Motorola flip phone - and it worked flawless. Could pair, leave the car, come back & it worked just like BT was designed to do.

so...I think I'm going to swing by Verizon tonight and swap to a motorola brand (after I take it to the parking lot and prove it works). It's not worth anymore time to futz with it. Hopefully HTC is getting enough feedback on their BT stack.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
You know what's really funny is when I first called to complain to a Verizon tech they immediately blame the vehicle software . This is my second TB and they both act the same. Gotta love tech support...and let's not forget the ..." Wow we never heard a complaint like this before"...

willbaker13

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a resolution as I am having the same problem with a new vehicle I just purchased. The phone is on the compatible list but will not stay connected. From what we can tell there is a media option setting under the HFL connection that can be turned off and on. This setting appears to be over riding the phone connection which is the only one the vehicle supports. The problem is when you uncheck the box for media it automatically turns itself back on when the phone reconnects to the vehicle. Per HTC there is no way to permanently turn this setting off. HTC tells me to call Bluetooth...what a run around. There has got to be a way to permanently turn this setting off.

zodder

Reaction score
The only way I was able to get bluetooth to work consistently in the car was to install a custom rom. CM7, BAMF, and all the others I tried worked perfectly

jonathon1988

Reaction score
this is not a problem with the software in your vehicle it is an htc issue i have an htc incredible and yes with certain apps launched it messes with your connection i would check battery saver apps that interrupt connections to save battery and also i noticed that if i let my htc incredible go into stand by it messes with my connection and my music starts skipping and not playing correctly i am going to contact htc and see if there is anything that can be done to resolve this

craigluda

Reaction score
I wanna know why my Bluetooth keeps turning off when it in sleep mode kicks my Bluetooth every 1 min or if i put the phone in sleep mode. I had to change it to 10 mins so i can hear at least two songs coming from Pandora. This has been happening ever since the new update. Before i could listen to Pandora for 12 hours in my mazda 2012 and use GPS now. For both apps the are still running but the Bluetooth is not so. every ten minute i have to click the power button so i can hear it through my mazda. I will give credit my droid is running fast then ever now but Bluetooth is not up to pair. So i regret updating untill this patch is fix!