Bluetooth Pairing

svarvel

Reaction score
Hello I am able to pair my Droid 2 with Win 7 but I am getting a device driver install error on the bluetooth MAP-MASname Bluetooth Service. I am not able to find any drivers to correct this and am not sure what this is realated to. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank You

UndisputedLoser

Reaction score
I found an answer here: Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver
The instructions below are copied and condensed from the above URL:
  • Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' which you can download it from
  • Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs.
  • Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' You'll see 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' under 'Other devices'
  • Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software"
  • Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.
  • Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".
  • Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft. There may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.
  • Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

UndisputedLoser

Reaction score
Glad it helped. I've been struggling with it for months on my Droid and an older BB, so I was happy to share a fix.

OP
S

svarvel

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, greatly appreciated. I have win 7 and was able to get rid of the error as well but does anyone know exactly what the driver in question is used for?

UndisputedLoser

Reaction score
I'm still digging into that one. Unfortunately, I forgot to catalog my driver cache before I patched. I have been able to successfully initiate a connection to my laptop from my phone. Had to DL an app to do BT file transfer though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

svarvel

Reaction score
Thank you for what you have figured out. If you get any more info I would be interested in knowing what you find. Thanks again.

Skip