Bluetooth in Vehicle Not Working after Lollipop Update

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Bluetooth in Vehicle Not Working after Lollipop Update. Tried deleting and repairing still not connecting. Everything pairs fine but when you need to make or receive a call it does not work through the vehicle.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Bluetooth in Vehicle Not Working after Lollipop Update. Tried deleting and repairing still not connecting. Everything pairs fine but when you need to make or receive a call it does not work through the vehicle.
Did you receive the prompts to access your messages and phone book etc. Try forgetting the device on both the phone and the car. Then re pair them. Just be patient and make sure all the prompts come through. It took me a try or two to get it to work right

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I have delete from my vehicle then repaired my phone. How do I make the phone forget? Do the prompts come up on your phone or your vehicle? Please share your steps and how you got it to work.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
What do you use to get BT in the car?

Under the phone's settings you'll see Bluetooth, and when you tap on that you'll see the list of any devices the phone has ever paired up with. Find your car and forget it, then repair it again.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I have delete from my vehicle then repaired my phone. How do I make the phone forget? Do the prompts come up on your phone or your vehicle? Please share your steps and how you got it to work.
What system are you using for Bluetooth in the car? I.e. Ford sync etc

JDH

Reaction score
Mine works fine, didn't do anything just get in and turn BT on and away we go

R

RETG

My turbo paired almost immediately with Onstar for the bluetooth function, and as soon as I entered my password it linked to the truck' WiFi hot spot perfectly. And getting in and out they both connect flawlessly.

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I have forgot the pair from the phone and my vehicles Bluetooth system and repaired three times it is still not working. Is there a way to go back to the old version? Can anyone help?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have forgot the pair from the phone and my vehicles Bluetooth system and repaired three times it is still not working. Is there a way to go back to the old version? Can anyone help?
I had a similar issue with my wife's Moto X after the 5.1 update. A simple unpair / repair did not work for me either. Here is what I did. In the phone BT menu select Forget Device. Unpaid from the other end also, or forget (whatever the option is in your car). Then go into Settings > Apps > All Apps. Find Bluetooth Share. Select Clear data. Then reboot your phone. That was the only way the phone would completely "forget" that BT device. Now the BTmenu was completely fresh and no old settings left over. I repaired both of her BT devices and it has been working good again. Maybe give that a try. It seems like a simple unpairing in Lollipop is not really forgetting the old device without clearing the app data and rebooting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I had a similar issue with my wife's Moto X after the 5.1 update. A simple unpair / repair did not work for me either. Here is what I did. In the phone BT menu select Forget Device. Unpaid from the other end also, or forget (whatever the option is in your car). Then go into Settings > Apps > All Apps. Find Bluetooth Share. Select Clear data. Then reboot your phone. That was the only way the phone would completely "forget" that BT device. Now the BTmenu was completely fresh and no old settings left over. I repaired both of her BT devices and it has been working good again. Maybe give that a try. It seems like a simple unpairing in Lollipop is not really forgetting the old device without clearing the app data and rebooting.

Just tried it twice no luck :( everything was working fine until I did this upgrade to 5.1.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just tried it twice no luck :( everything was working fine until I did this upgrade to 5.1.
Well that's a bummer. I know how frustrating it can be when things like this don't work correctly. My friend with a Turbo came over last night for pizza so he could download 5.1 with me around (its his first Android phone, he always owned Blackberry for years). I told him about the possible BT issues. After the update we hopped in his VW Jetta and everything worked just as good as it did on KK. Very strange and frustrating at times.

Last edited:

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I didn't have any issues with my VW Touareg either after the update. Turned it on and it connected with no issues what so ever. Must be something about the Mitsubishi bluetooth setup and 5.1.

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Is there anyway I can go back to the other version of Android?