Bluetooth Headset - Google Navigation Messages Cutoff

jethrodesign

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a new Motorola HX550 bluetooth headset to use with my Droid Incredible (running 2.3.4). It's a pretty new, modern headset that supports A2DP so I can hear the phone audio output.

But I've noticed that when using it with the Google Navigation, the beginning of some voice prompts are cutoff a bit, especially if there's been a pause between prompts. So instead of hearing "Turn left on Lincoln Avenue" I might here just "on Lincoln Avenue". Unfortunately, that first part (turn right/left) can sometimes be VERY important!

It seems to me I had a similar issue years ago with an older headset and my old Motorola Razr phone using VZNavigator. I eventually got a different headset to solve the issue. But I saw a post on the Google Groups that seemed to indicate it might be an issue with Android itself.

- Does anyone have a bluetooth headset working really well with Google Navigation, where no voice prompts are ever cutoff??

- If so, what is the make/model of the headset?

I may still be able to return my headset to Amazon, but don't want to hassle if others will be the same.

Thanks!

b_salgado

Reaction score
I have a Blue Ant T1 BT headset. I have absolutely no issues with it. It is comfortable, loud, sweat proof, and dust proof. There is actually an app for the headset. It has one touch voice command and I use it often for navigation. I have used and returned many headsets that were inadequate. I killed 2 plantronics voyager headsets due to dust. (I am a contractor)

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use a Moto s305 and a hands free blue ant (don't remember model) with my Bionic and get complete GPS prompts

OP
J

jethrodesign

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! It looks like it might be my headset (or possibly my phone/OS version?!?). The only odd thing is that you had a Motorola headset that worked, although quite a bit different model from mine. Hmmmm.

I look into Blue Ant or possibly the Jawbone's. I have a Blue Ant currently (older non-A2DP, so no way to test with Navigation), but the overall sound quality was never very good. Want something nicer.

Anyone else have a good experience, especially with a phone running 2.3.4??

THX!

Turk11042

Reaction score
I'm also running a droid incredible with 2.3.4, i just purchased a plantronics marque m155 and am having the same issue with the navigation voice prompts getting cut off (which is what led me here). I've looked through a few forums so far with no fix.

If you find a headset that works with 2.3.4 that works better with the navigation voice prompts I hope you'll post back and let me know. Otherwise I'm going to assume the issue is with the OS version.