Bluetooth Headphones and Mic

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Motorola S805 DJ Headphones? I'm a bit persnickety about head sets and prefer to wear headphones in front of my ears as opposed to Covering them or Buds in my ears. These headphones, design wise are excellent for my needs.

I did check out the Bose headphones at Best Buy and those are fantastic, but they are corded. I wouldn't imagine Bose will go with a Bluetooth design any time soon as you're not going to get nearly the response or sound quality with wireless, at least by Bose standards.

This weekend I bought the RocketFish Mobile RF-MAB2, the sound quality was amazing as it had 5 different sound quality settings. The only issue with these is they pinched my ears terribly, so I returned them. I never did try pairing them to my Droid phone.

I've entertained the thought of going with the Motorola S9HD or the Best Buy generic Rocket Fish. These would be nearly a last resort. I'm open to suggestions. I've seen some nice Sennheisers, but they seem to be more geared towards Music and Entertainment listening than Cell Phone capability. Not to mention they are very pricey.

I'll also be using these on my PC for Music and Gaming (mic capability for Vent). I'm I looking for a White Elephant, LOL?

Greaser

Reaction score
I recently bought the Motorola S305 Headphones Newegg.com - Motorola Behind the Neck Stereo Bluetooth Headphone Black Bulk (S305) - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories and they are GREAT, you can skip songs, you have volume control, it has a mic so you can talk (if you are listening to music on them, and call comes in, it pauses your music, and you can take the call, when the call is done, it plays the music again), and you can travel 40 feet away from your phone and still listen (I have personally been able to go further), and for the price, you can't beat it.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
I recently bought the Motorola S305 Headphones Newegg.com - Motorola Behind the Neck Stereo Bluetooth Headphone Black Bulk (S305) - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories and they are GREAT, you can skip songs, you have volume control, it has a mic so you can talk (if you are listening to music on them, and call comes in, it pauses your music, and you can take the call, when the call is done, it plays the music again), and you can travel 40 feet away from your phone and still listen (I have personally been able to go further), and for the price, you can't beat it.

Are they comfortable? Have you worn them while wearing Sunglasses? The behind the neck units typically squeeze my ears wearing them normally, but its even worse if I'm wearing glasses. What's the Mic quality like?

OP
BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
I have to agree that the S305 are excellent for the price. I got the retail version when they were $36.99 with free shipping at Newegg about 2 weeks ago.

Newegg.com - Motorola Behind the Neck Bluetooth Stereo Headset Black (S305) - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

I personally avoid the OEM or bulk versions, as they are sometimes reconditioned or returned ones. This is not always the case, but I don't want to risk it.

What's your experience been like with them? Do they have good call quality, functionality and sound? How comfortable are they for you?

jman09

Reaction score
I just got the Motorola ROKR S9-HD. I've only listened to a few songs with them so far and the sound is good. And I've only used it to make a call once and the caller on the other end could hear me fine. But I will test them again today, after I go to sleep and wake up again, its almost 4am where I'm at.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I have to agree that the S305 are excellent for the price. I got the retail version when they were $36.99 with free shipping at Newegg about 2 weeks ago.

Newegg.com - Motorola Behind the Neck Bluetooth Stereo Headset Black (S305) - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

I personally avoid the OEM or bulk versions, as they are sometimes reconditioned or returned ones. This is not always the case, but I don't want to risk it.

What's your experience been like with them? Do they have good call quality, functionality and sound? How comfortable are they for you?

I think they are very comfortable, but I haven't used them for any length of time yet. I normally use my Motorola H715 mono headset when we are out. I have just tried the S305 out in the house when I got them 2 days ago. My wife and I are retired and we sometimes go walking at the mall to break up the boredom of exercising at home. We plan on doing that tomorrow morning and I will use them for listening to music while walking. I'll post my thoughts after that. By the way, I wear glasses and they don't interfere with my glasses at all. I'm wearing them now to see how they feel and I can hardly tell I have them on, but then I just put them on after reading your post. My head size is also relatively small. I used to wear a 6-7/8 hat. I read one review where the user thought they clamped too hard.

As far as music quality, they are fine for background music, but they can't compare to my Etymotic HF5 with my MP3 player. That is just too much to ask for in inexpensive bluetooth headphones. I listened to a couple of Celene Dion songs the day I got them and then compared them to my Sennheiser headphones and it was like night and day, but them the Senns were $200 headphones, big and wired.

Basically, for the price, I'm happy with them. I'll see how they are for talking in a noisy environment tomorrow. I'll test them at the grocery store after we finish walking. There is always a lot of noise there.

romanrish

Reaction score
The motorola s9 hd is by far the best choice I have one pair of headphones with better sound and that is my bose wired ear covering headphones. Search the forums for the thread "ultimate bluetooth". I did almost a whole page of description on them ( on page 2). Not to mention I just bought my buddy a pair yesterday at n1wireless for like 45 dollars. I bought four pair for a total with shipping of like 174.

eanelson

Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of bluetooth headphones for when I go running and biking. Obviously I don't want something that is too expensive because it will most likely get sweaty. I think the S305 might be my solution, but I have on question about the set. Will it stay on my head with the repeated movements of jogging? Thanks for the help!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I wore the S305 for about 70 minutes while walking this morning. The sound quality was acceptable for non serious listening and they were comfortable for me. I could see how someone with a larger head might find them too tight, as they were slightly tight on me. I called my wife and she called me while listening to music to test them and they worked fine. Of course, voice dialing does not work, as that is a Droid issue. Holding down the call button for 2 seconds did dial the last number dialed. Music resumed after ending the call.

I think they would work for jogging, but I did not try that. I would have if I had read the last post earlier. I'll go downstairs on the treadmill and try for a couple of minutes.

OK, I'm back. I ran at 5 mph and 6 mph and they didn't move around at all. For reference, I just measured my head for hat size and I'm between 7 and 7-1/8.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I just got the s305 from newegg and use them at the gym and have been very happy with them both on the treadmill and lifting weights, he sound great to me for that type of use and I have receicved calls on them to and whomever I was talking to said they heard me just fine. I would totally recommend them.