Bluetooth Connection Issue

mattgew

Reaction score
I paired my droid to hands free link in my 2008 acura. It seems that it will only connect if bluetooth is turned on prior to starting the car. If I activated bluetooth while driving it will not connect. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas or solutions?

adiron2hike

Reaction score
Bluetooth Connection Problems

I'm having a similar issue with my 2009 Acura. I'm not sure if it is the Droid or the Acura. Sometimes when I make a call through the bluetooth in the car, the sound switches back to the phone when it starts to ring. Today I had to call a number three times because it would ring and then drop the call. Has anyone else had similar problems?

OP
M

mattgew

Reaction score
There is definitely some weird bug with the acura hands free link. That happens to me as well. What I do is I give the hands free link a command of "transfer" which switches the bluetooth off then give the command "transfer" again and then I am back on. Hope that helps

Mr Steve

Reaction score
If you stop to think about it, it makes sense.

When you turn the car on its system will scan for a known bluetooth device and pair with it. Once you're driving down the road it's not going to continually search out BT devices. Think about it - the car can sense BT for ten yards in every direction. Now you're stopped at a traffic light with multiple lanes of traffic. How many BT devices are going to be within that 60 foot diameter circle? How much extra processing time would that take?

Or say you have three passengers with unpaired BT phones riding along with you along a deserted highway. How much time should the car spend trying to connect to those devices again & again & again?

It's easier to just scan on vehicle startup and be done with it.

Silver Member
Reaction score
there might be an option where you can re-initialize the BT connection while the car is running. on my Subaru's Nav, I can go into the phone settings and tell it to connect.

but what's the harm in leaving BT on? your device is defaulted as undiscoverable and it doesn't spend enough battery to warrant keeping it off.