bluetooth bug with froyo on droid

jdrockweller

Reaction score
I recently installed the new Android OS build 2.2 froyo on my Droid 1. With versions 2.1 and below, I never experienced any Bluetooth issues. However, now I am experiencing a randomly recurring bug: after some calls using a bluetooth headset, the phone essentially goes dead, but the call is not interrupted. When this happens...
1) Unable to access the screen -- it remains blank no matter what I press or tap
2) Unable to end the call, even from the Bluetooth headset (pressing the main button on the headset normally ends the call). I end up having to do a battery pull just to end the call.

After I reinsert the battery and the phone reboots, it seems to work fine. The bug does not happen consistently.

Has anyone else experienced this problem??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No,the only issue I've seen so far is the fact that my Droid has reset itself once for no apparent reason. Bluetooth works fine for voice calls, no problem.

ZekerOneNine

Reaction score
bluetooth bug with froyo on droid, more

My boss received the OTA FroYo on his DROID1 two days ago. I mentioned to him that Bluetooth-activated dialing should now be available. He tested this yesterday and sure enough, it worked. He then tried to make a non-Bluetooth call and then:

-Phone screen shows all the earmarks of a phone call in progress
-Bluetooth button on-screen is grayed out
-No bluetooth icon in top-bar of screen
-no audio (dialing or voice) coming from phone

He ended the call and powercycled the phone. He was then able to make calls, until he did another bluetooth call.

**UPDATE**
He just called my phone w/out BT, call OK.
Hung up and waited for me to call him back (he paired his BT in the meantime). He used BT to answer the call, call OK.
Hung up again and he calls me back w/out BT, call OK.
Hung up and called with BT, call OK.
Hung up and called w/out BT, no audio either direction.
I call him, no audible alert but call OK.
Hung up and he calls me back, call OK.
I call him and everything back to normal.

Last edited:

ucrider

Reaction score
Bluetooth Issue with Froyo

I am experiencing problems with bluetooth on my Moto Droid since installing FROYO. I have an Infiniti with built-in bluetooth. Used to work fine, although intermittent trouble hooking with phone's microphone. Now, since Froyo, I have intermittent issue with phone freezing. Screen is black, nothing works. Either have to hook up to external power or remove battery to unfreeze. Phone comes back fine, but... I thought it was a phone problem and reported to Verizon, who replaced phone after 2nd issue. New phone, same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

slayer305

Reaction score
I have a 06 Infiniti G35 coupe that I am having the same issue with. Froyo 2.2 frg22d. Worked for the most part before the 2.2 update. Verizon has also replaced my droid for this reason along with the phone being very hot after any use of the phone. Calls, internet etc. VZ is getting another call today.

ucrider

Reaction score
Bluetooth Issue with Froyo

Today, contacted Verizon again. Phone continues to have issues. Today, Bluetooth wouldn't come on at all. Did soft re-set and got it working. Tried to use it in the car, with technician on the line, and it hooked up but dropped the call. No freeze. She asked me to hard reset (ugh! not happy) and I did after expressing my displeasure at the time this costs me every time. She advised that I should take the phone to a Verizon store and have it paired with another Bluetooth device to see if it is compatibility issue with my car. I advised this was UNSAT since it worked before FROYO. I can see where this is going and I don't like it.

Halichopter

Reaction score
I have a similar problem but my google naviation voice doesn't work with the bluetooth turned on. Actually I can turn on bluetooth on the phone but if it pairs with my car speakerphone then navigation voice stops. I can turn off the car bluetooth but no dice. However if I turn off and back on the phone BT it works again. Until it pairs.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Bluetooth Intermittently Not Connecting

I'm having a bluetooth issue with my Droid 2 such that it does not connect to either my car bluetooth system (one occurrence) or my Macbook Pro (one occurrence). In both case, it required me to turn it off and restart the phone. So far, these are the only two, although they have happen on two successive days.

Anyone have anything similar?

Marty